Chapter 10

Xie Lian wakes up to the sound of mutterings all taking place outside of his home. He's confused as to why people are surrounding the area, when the sign clearly states that the building is closed. He lifts himself from the comfort of his bed and heads downstairs to get a look at the commotion. His hair was a mess, and his eyes a bit red from the previous night. The moment he looks to the clear doors he feels his entire body freeze on the spot. Dozens upon dozens of people were all peering into his window to get a look at him. They were waiting to see the once famous child idol all grown up under this small roof. They wanted a glance at the famous young man in red that appears to have found a new supposed victim. Xie Lian quickly finds himself again and steps all the way to the back of the hallway. He needed to address this before it could get out of hand too quickly. He rushes to the bathroom and cleans up his face. He brushes out the knots in his hair and ties it up into his usual bun, as the rest fall over his shoulders. He heads back upstairs and changes into a more proper set of clothing. A red turtle neck that he honestly never knew he had with two buttons laid across under his neck, a pair of dark jeans, and pair of dark brown boots that were mainly made for women but he didn't mind. He grabs his bag and heads down the stairs. He sets his bag down and is greeted with a flash of white. He turns to the doors with a glare spotting the camera man who had taken the picture. At this point he had had enough. His  patience has been tested and normally his patience is very great, but after everything that has been happening so far, it's begun to thin itself. He steps to the doors and throws them open only to be greeted by cameras, interviewers, and fans from the ages of his idol profession. An interviewers breaks through the fold and holds a mic to his lips.

"Xie Lian! Xie Lian! What's it like to be out in the open once more?! Will you be resuming any idol work? What about this café?!"

Xie Lian glares at the man setting off something inside of him. Something he tried to keep hidden away. He lowers himself back a bit, but keeps the microphone in front of him. Xie Lian takes the mic from him in a calm manner. He speaks into it with a steady voice.

"First of all, Let me make something clear. I do not plan to return to the idol industry. That is no longer my path in life. I have no reason to go back as it destroyed everything I had. Second, this place is my home and I won't allow ANYONE to interrupt my life here. So this whole crowd here has to never happen again. I've never been hiding. I've been in school, and people have recognized me before. So I have not just gone out into the open. I do not know where you get your information from, but do better. And before anyone asks and spreads more rumors out to the Public in order to make money off of my face and voice. Yes. I am currently in a relationship with Hua Cheng. Was I tricked into this? No. Was I recruited through evil means? No. We naturally connected. If his name becomes tarnished in any way..." his voice trails off as his takes in a deep breath and speaks up with his entire chest. "I will use all I can to defend him, and target the ones in spreading false allegations. I may no longer be an idol, and I may not have the support I once did. But knowledge is your best bet to take anyone down. How else do you think he destroyed that agency? He did his own work. Surely you all know this."

Everyone falls silent.

"You can keep this statement. And keep my words to heart. But you better delete every picture, the footage, and everything you have on my home or else you will deal with the both of us. Do I make myself clear?"

As he finishes his phone rings. He takes it out to take a look and smiles as he answers and puts it on speaker to the mic.

"A nuisance the press seems to be. Don't worry I already know where most of you work at. I have eyes watching you all. I suggest you listen to his highness demands or else I will make sure your careers will be finished. You think your bosses are terrifying? Well I'll gladly show you true fear."