25

(DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. It's important to remember this is all totally fabricated, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.)

**********

Been living in an idea,

An idea from another man's mind.

Frank Ocean's - Seigfried

When I came out in a hoodie and sweats, she had ordered samosas and chicken wings and anything else she could think of that I'd be willing to eat at the moment. My appetite still evaded me, but it had been two days since I'd eaten anything and I knew I needed to choke something down before I passed out. The takeout arrived just as I emerged, and I knew she had timed it that way. She powerwalked past me with the bag on her way to the kitchen, her bare feet slapping the wooden floors as she went.

"Oh there you are, stinky. You smelling any better yet?"

"Gee, thanks. Youh really know how to make a girl feel special," I uttered, headed down my bedroom steps to join her. It was an almost supernaturally sunny day. Searing light spilled from the high windows around the building, bathing the entire loft. My mood was involuntarily elevated.

"I'm working on a publicist. They'll help us monitor the web for anything, so you can stop checking your phone every five freaking seconds. Food's here. Eat up. And I put the photos in the office safe. We'll transfer them into the safety deposit box once we visit the bank in the morning. I called G and your mom and let them know everything was okay. I said you were just a bit hung over. I told them you'd been on a bender with a couple of friends and lost your phone for a few days, in case they ask. You'll probably need to call them eventually." I sat at the island in the kitchen and huffed as she finished loading the dishwasher. Marley was playing on the stereo system. 

"Damn, you're unbelievable. Youh really do have it all figured out."

"Of course."

"Remind me to give you a raise. Honestly, I feel better already. Thanks, T."

"It's all good. Don't even mention it." She got us plates and we sat across from one another at the island and ate. She tasted the samosas and chutney and made a funny face. Now she cracked open a few Coors, and after I'd consumed  a couple, I was ready to talk. I think it was her plan all along.

"Start from the beginning..." she demanded, smiling smugly over at me. I couldn't deny her. Not after she had seen the worst of the worst and barely batted an eye, and never once made me feel gross about it. So there was certainly no point in beating around the bush anymore.

"Soh, uh..."

"His cock is huge, by the way," she blurted, then covered her mouth, clearly affected by the beer. I burst out laughing uncontrollably. It was the first real laugh I'd had in like a week. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry...oh my god. Don't fire me!" she giggled, hiccupping. "It had to be said. I just had to get it out of the way. Don't worry, I didn't see yours...it was inside of his—...you know what? Carry on!" I facepalmed so hard and could barely look up at her afterwards.

"What the fuck, T?? Way to make it, like, super fuckin' awkward..."

"I'm sorry! Please, forget I said anything! Oh gosh..."

"Too late..." I rubbed my face, realizing only now how exhausted I was. But I needed this. It was good for me. I never realized how relieving it could be to simply tell someone I wasn't okay, as opposed to desperately trying to keep false pretenses or hide for the rest of my life. "Time Will Tell" started playing as we grew quiet.