46

(DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. It's important to remember this is all totally fabricated, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.)

**********

I spoke to you in cautious tones

You answered me with no pretense

And still I feel I said too much

My silence is my self defense

Billy Joel - And So It Goes

That night, there was a missed call from Haz. I'd just hopped out of the shower, tying a towel around my waist, and was preparing to jot down a few lyrics that had popped into my mind mid-scrub, but opted to call him back instead. We hadn't talked in a while, so a confused whirling sensation overcame me, and I willed myself to try to say all the right things. I turned down Kanye's "I Am A God" and dialed him up.

"Hey," was his deep-chested utterance upon answering.

"Hey, all gud?"

"Yeah...just chilling around the hotel. What're you up to?"

"Same, bruv. Just doin' a little writin', y'know?"

"You alone? Uh...can I join you?" That was weird. It was super late and we hadn't hung out alone in months. Why now? We also hadn't spoken much since the incident in the Italian restaurant, and had both failed to clear the air after my run in with him and Matt in Columbia. The most I'd gotten out of him in Peru was a single text: 'You know, if you miss me you could just say it.' And that had only been in response to me texting him a link to Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" and "Where Did Our Love Go?" and finally Foreigner's "Cold As Ice."

"You down? I could really use a friend..."

"Eh...sure. Sure, yeah. Come through."

"Be there in a minute." He hung up.

I could really use a friend? Huh? What exactly did that mean? And again, why me and not Nialler? Why not Matt? Or Ben who was traveling with us for a few shows to film? Despite just applying some after my shower, I ran back to the toilet and put on another layer of deodorant and a splash of cologne. I'd brushed my teeth earlier, but now panicked and dug through my bag for a stick of gum. After finding one, I chomped it nervously and slid on a of sweats with no briefs. My soft cock flopped around in need attention, but it'd have to wait till later, and I hoped it wouldn't betray me in front of him. I then shrugged on an oversized tank top I'd made out of cutting the sleeves off an old tee, and made sure my hair was in order. It was still damp, but dry enough to do the trick. It flopped over my forehead like fluffy bangs since I'd let it grow so long.

There was a tentative knock and it put a pit in my stomach. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and he was stood there in a black tee and ripped skinny jeans. Grey felt hat still in place. Without speaking, he jabbed a half-eaten bag of Haribo gummy bears in my direction, and then pushed into the room uninvited. I chuckled, examining the crumbled bag.

 I chuckled, examining the crumbled bag