Chapter 29

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

There comes a time when you've given everything you had just for one sole desired outcome, but in the end, you lost.

Losing isn't something to be ashamed of, it's just a mere ladder towards your success. Atleast, that's what i'd like to say to myself. Growing up and being dubbed as the kid who always loses or the kid who never wins in anything, it's normal to feel discouraged, to feel angry, frustrated.

It's a lesson that a certain brunette needs to learn.

M/n attended school, but he was not informed that the vball team had a match that decides whether they will step forward or be the end of their journey as a team.

You can say m/n was anxious than ever, the fact that he didn't get to come or give his words of support to his friends, made him more guilty.

With the help of his only friend outside the group of volleyball players, kyoya. He was able to calm a bit down for the rest of the day.

As soon as he saw the bus that contains his beloved boys, he wasted no time in greeting them. His cheerful vibe contrasted the sad smiles and upset looks of the others. M/n was planning to hug them, but quickly stopped.

He only watched them walk towards the gym, not wanting to become a hindrance in their way, he stepped away and watch them walk past him without giving him a glance or anything, well, except for the libero. He glanced and gave m/n a small yet sad smile.

His eyes welled up but before m/n can say anything, watari looked away and rubbed his tears away with his arm.

Last one to walk past m/n was the coach and assistant coach, but stopped and turned to m/n.

"You should follow them and cheer them up, im sure the heavy feeling they have right now will be lessened if you were there."

He, the coach himself did not know why and how did he managed let his thoughts spill out, but regardless, he left him standing.

Coach Irihita didn't wait for his response and resumed walking once more, his hands on his back like a old man.

M/n was left, his mouth agape but quickly reverted back to his senses and came jogging towards the gym. He opened the gym to see the players grouped up in one of the bleachers.

They all looked at m/n with a sad and pained look in their faces, oh how m/n's heart felt a pinch when he saw those eyes stare at him.

He walked towards them in a slow manner, his hands in his back, he bit his lip in result of his anxiousness. Once he was in a reasonable distance with the group of gloomy teen age boys. He took a deep breath.

"I know you guys are blaming yourselves right now, but i want you all to know that, no one's disappointed in you. We are all proud of you, I am proud of you guys..."

He choked on his words, looking in his shoes as he grew embarrassed from what he was doing. He was never the type to lift someone's spirit up, well, atleast not in this way.

"Losing isn't fun, and i may not know much about volleyball but i am confident that you guys were the best out there and it's just that...fate has something in store for you guys! I sound ridiculous but i don't care. Don't let a series of loss become your reason to stop pursuing this sport. This might be the end of your journey as a team, but the bond you guys made will never be severed."