Chapter 22 - The Pursuit Of Love

*Claire Kinsley's POV*

Under the encouragement of Scott, I finally decided to fly to Tokyo to find Liam. With the help of Dr McPartney, I managed to get Liam's residential address. Upon reaching the townhouse that he was living in, I hesitated for a while before mustering the courage to press on the doorbell. However, after a few rings, there was still no response, perhaps he still hasn't knocked off from work. I decided to wait for him outside until he is back because I didn't want to disturb his work.

The chilly winter at Tokyo daggers through me with every draft of the wind blown, but I figured waiting here for Liam for a moment was nothing as compared to the time that Liam has spent on me. I crouched at the pavement, jittering away as I continued to wait, but there was still no sight of Liam on the dimly lit street that soon turned quiet.

I lost track of time with every freezing bite I felt from the harsh wind of winter. Then a string of footsteps sounded from afar and a familiar figure appeared from a distance, setting an adrenaline of warmth and excitement coursing through my body.

Liam!

There he was with a bespectacled look, munching off a bread as he flipped through the documents in his hand while he walked down the street.

I held my breath in anticipation as he drew closer and closer. Just the mere sight of this man could take me in a heartbeat.

Then he lifted his head and that was when our eyes met, the chemistry set in and I felt my eyes wet from the joy of seeing Liam.

"Claire...?" Liam gasped as he lowered the documents and the bread in his hands.

He blinked hard in disbelief as he approaches.

I nodded in response holding back the welled up tears in my eyes as I cracked a wistful smile upon seeing him.

"How long have you been waiting here for me, why didn't you give me a call?" He scooted over and asked worriedly as he took his scarf and coat off, wrapping them around me immediately. He took my hands and rubbed them warm briefly with his manly hands before he held me into his house.

My heart melted at this thoughtful act of his. The sensual warmth from the touch of his manly hands against mine made me felt that I was safe in his hands. This is exactly why I fell head over heels with this man. He has nothing but always the best interest for me.

*Liam Craig's POV*

All my effort in persuading myself to let go of my desire to have Claire came crumbling down upon the sight of her. The sudden presence of her took me off in a heartbeat, she was like home to me. It took every ounce of me to hold myself back from having her held tightly in my embrace. I can't... I just can't deceive myself anymore that I still love her so much.

It didn't take me long to notice that she had probably waited for me in the coldness for quite some time, seeing that her skin has turned red from the frost. My first instinct that kicked in was to keep her warm and safe.

*Claire Kinsley's POV*

"Are you alright? Silly... you could have given me a call, why wait in the cold?" Liam sounded extremely concerned as he held my head up with his hands and examined me after we walked into his house.

This moment made me realised how this man in my life would never stop caring for me. What have I done to deserve such an endearing man in my life?

"You're the silly one here... Just how long... Just how long do you intend to hide the truth for me...?" I burst into tears uncontrollably as a wave of relief swept over me. Finally, he is by my side now.