Chapter 23 - The Love Birds Returns

*Claire Kinsley's POV*

I returned home unreluctantly after a week of stay at Tokyo as Liam insisted that he was fine and he wanted to get back to work soon to finish up on the final lap of his project. Hence, he was worried if I would be bored in Tokyo without him around most of the time.

Every ounce of me wants to stick around with him, but I understand that he is doing all these for me, and so I shouldn't cause any more delays to his work progress.

My mother also came clean with me regarding my heart disease, that I had been diagnosed with the same heart disease as my father shortly after my father's death. However, I was too young to understand or even recall anything about this and so both Liam and my mother had kept this secret away from me for years since they wanted me to just live on my life being blissfully unaware.

It has been exactly a month of skyping with him via two different time zone. Even though we were dead beat tired, Liam always made it a point to be the one that wakes up super early in the day just so he could catch up with me before I hit the sack. Despite connecting through a screen, our love for each other was not any lesser. I was elated to know that the clinical trial for the cure has been finally cleared and that he can now finally return home to me.

*At the airport*

I went to the airport to welcome Liam back home as I couldn't wait to spend time with him. After all, he is my first boyfriend, my first love.

Just the mere sight of him exiting from the arrival gate was enough to squirm my heart. My knight in armour, dashing as always!

"Liam!!" I squealed in excitement and waved hysterically and that caught his attention. His eyes lit up along with the flash of his beguiling smile as he took wide strides towards me with his luggage.

I skipped my way towards him too. Unable to contain my excitement, I couldn't give a single shit about what others have to think as I jumped onto him, hugging him like the love affair that the koala bear has towards a tree.

Liam seems to be taken aback by the abrupt passion, he staggered briefly before he steadied his stance with my weight on him.

"Welcome back home, Liam!" I pulled away from him and pecked a kiss on his darn lips that I missed so dearly.

His temples were immediately flushed red as he looked at me with his widened eyes.

Darn.. he is so cute! I wish I had unveiled this side of him and savour them earlier in my life.

He cleared his throat before he stuttered back at me in a blushful manner, "Thank... Thank you, my... love."

Aww... I'm definitely the luckiest woman.

Our first mission was to personally inform my mother about our relationship over dinner because we both don't know if my mother would approve of our relationship since she has always treated Liam as her son.

"Are you sure you're okay to drive back?" I asked Liam who insisted on being the driver but I was worried about his lack of rest from the jet lag.

"Yes, I am, don't you worry, alright?" He scruffed my head before getting into the driver seat.

Damn... Why does he still treat me like a child? I want to be treated like his lover, his woman!

Throughout the drive from the airport back to my house, I laid my left hand as near as possible to Liam's side, waiting excitedly for him to take my hand as he drives because I thought that is what couple should do, but it just didn't happen! He continued to focus on the road and there was just this awkward silence between us.