Chapter 1

Date

The sky was clear that night. The moon was shining so bright and stars filled the darkness of the sky.

Standing on their rooftop at eleven o'clock, looking above. I couldn't sleep thinking about what happened earlier.

Why was he mad if I ever have a crush on someone my age? Don't tell me...

No! Of course, not! He's not jealous... right? That's next to impossible.

I lowered my gaze to the city lights. How alive it was even at night.

My heart almost went out of my rib cage when I noticed a silhouette moving in the dark.

"You aren't planning to jump from here, are you?" his cold voice sent shivers down my spine.

I'm suddenly nervous when he stood beside me, eyes not leaving the breathtaking view of the city.

He's already on his checkered print pajama. Still looking so damn good even at night, eh?

I cleared my throat and fixated my eyes infront before answering him.

"Too much for hating your presence here." I made a face.

He laughed a bit. It sound genuine though. I low-key side eyed him.

"Why are you up here? It's too cold for a skinny person like you-"

"For your information, I'm sexy not skinny!"

His banters just won't stop. Ugh!

I let out a long sigh before giving him my full attention.

"How about you? Why are you bugging me this time?"

The cold wind blow harshly. I'm only wearing my sleeveless top and shorts with a very thin jacket I borrowed from Yeji earlier.

I can't help but shiver from the cold so I hugged myself.

"I wasn't expecting you to be here too. At this hour, you should be asleep. You lack sleep that's why you never grow up."

I glared at him but was taken aback when I saw him remove his jacket and put it over my shoulders.

"It's fine-"

"Why would you wear shorts with a very thin jacket if you're planning to go out." he whispered while putting his jacket on me.

He's so close, I couldn't breathe. My chest boomed so hard that I think he could hear it.

Our eyes locked for a minute and the world just stopped.

Even the wind, the busy street, his moves, my breathing. My heartbeat was the only thing I heard and felt for a second.

I tore the eye contact and hugged myself more.

"T-thank you..."

He cleared his throat and straightened his back. He put his hand  inside his pants pockets.

We continued looking at the scenery infront of us. Awkwardness can be felt so I made an effort on asking him a question.

"The heart's day event is near. D-do you have a d-date already?"

And I stuttered!

My eyes avoiding his stares.

"Hmm. I think so..." he trailed off.

"You think so? You're... unsure?"

My gaze went to him but immediately looked away when he did the same.

He breathe out. Maybe he's feeling cold already!

"It's getting late. We should head back now." he utter with finality.

Ah. So he doesn't want to talk about his date. I see.

I just nodded weakly.

My chest tightened that I didn't even look at his direction as we head to his sister's room.

He followed me until its door. Before I could even open it, he pulled my hand making me bounce back to him.

Shocked at how close our faces was, I couldn't move. My eyes widened but unconsciously became sleepy and I felt butterflies exploded on my stomach.

"How about you? You've got a date already?" he whispered huskily.

I shook my head slowly while my gaze locked up with his.

A ghost of smile played on his lips. I then felt his hold loosen it's grip from my arm.

"Alright. Sweet dreams, Y/n."

My eyes wandered around the gymnasium.

It's been days since we last talked to each other. Not gonna lie, I kinda miss him. Things had been awkward for us the past few days. Or only for me? I also don't know why I kept on avoiding him since then. It's not like he wanted us to talk anyway.

"The marriage booth sounds great for them don't you think so?"

One of my classmates asked me.

"Huh?" I blinked in confusion.

He pointed at a group of seniors not faraway from where we stand.

"Marriage booth has the advantage because of this event's theme. And a lot of seniors brought their dates."

He even nodded as he took a bite from the banana que on his hand.

It's true that that booth has an advantage, but our booth has an advantage too.

Message booth is actually a good idea for secret and unknown confessions so I bet a lot will come by here later.

My written love letters crossed my mind for a second. I thought of writing another one and delivering it to him but that's just too much for me to handle.

Besides, he has his date.

I breathe out. I should stop thinking about him while he's enjoying this day with another girl.

"We're also at our advantage."

I said shortly. He knows what I mean so he agreed.

"Where's your best friend anyway? I haven't seen her visit our booth yet."

He suddenly asked. It caught my attention a bit.

My brows shot up for an unsaid question.

"I'm just curious. Have you visited their booth? I saw her doing free hugs as a bonus."

He couldn't look at me as he explained.

A ghost of a smile touched my lips. I shifted on my weight.

"Why are you curious about her? She's not required to come here, you know." I playfully said.

He side eyed me with brows shot up.

"Whatever, Y/n. I'll help on delivering the envelopes. If you're hungry, grab some at our quarter."

He raised the bananaque stick on his hand before walking away. I laughed and shook my head a bit.

"Are you sure Sunghoon's there? Let's go then?" I heard someone squealed excitedly.

My head automatically turned to them.

I scoffed. So what? As if he'll pay attention to anyone of you. I mentally cursed them.

Even I, the best friend of his sister, never got his attention. Bitterness spill on my stomach.

Instead of sulking, I chose to help my classmates on our booth.

Everyone's became busy when the event start. A lot actually dropped by than expected!

"Next, please." I announced without looking at the person.

"Y/n." the guy infront utter.

To my shock, it wasn't someone from our school.

"Long time no see."

He smiled.