Chapter 2

Friends

My mouth dropped when I saw who it was.

"Daniel!" I exclaimed.

Some people around us turned to our direction but I couldn't care less.

I excitedly jumped towards him and give him a big hug.

Daniel was my childhood friend back in the US. We got separated when my parents decided to live here instead.

He used to be my neighbor who doesn't have many friends nearby. He's pretty good at socializing but has low confidence.

We got along when I discovered we have the same interest in terms of writing. He learned how to rap and he wrote his own verses which was amazing for his age at that time.

"I missed you so." he mumbled softly, trying to suppress his happiness.

He hugged me back. We stayed like that for some minutes.

For three years, we managed to do so many things together. He told me I should be his vocalist while he raps so I learned how to sing and not to brag but I'm pretty good at it.

Thanks to his suggestion, I found one talent of mine.

"I missed you too! How have you been?"

A big smile was plastered on my face. For a moment I forgot people around us.

We finally let go of the hug while I examine his clothes.

He matured! He's much taller than me now. Not that I used to be taller than him because he's born tall. As in, taller than his actual age.

"You've grown this much? Wow!"

"And you didn't grow at all." He laughed.

His sentence made me stopped when one person crossed my mind but I immediately shrugged it off.

I pouted and playfully hit him.

"Yah!"

He laughed more.

"Alright, maybe you matured a little?" he acted like he was unsure.

"Of course! I'm on my twenties now, for your information!"

I rolled my eyes jokingly.

We talked for a bit. Good thing there's no more customers after him.

He gave me a cute pink tulip, it used to be my favorite flower. I'm glad he remembered.

"Thank you! It's so pretty!"

I immediately hid it in my bag so it won't die early.

"You're welcome. It's as pretty as you."

I laughed it off.

We have a lot of catching up to do but unfortunately, he had to go and I have to help my classmates so we decided to meet in another time instead.

"Take care, Dan!"

He nodded and waved.

"See you, Y/n!" He smiled.

I nodded and smiled back.

"Hmm. Let me guess, he's your boyfriend?"

I jumped a little when someone spoke behind me.

When I turned to see who it was, I almost choked.

Park Sunghoon sporting a white long sleeve paired with a black slack, coat was hanging on his right arm, was standing tall behind me. His new hairstyle suited him very well and the aura he always had never changed at all.

Still the intimidating guy who would put shame to all those top models I've seen on television and magazines.

His lips curved when he noticed my amused face.

"Earth to Y/n." He clicked his fingers infront of me.

I blinked furiously, gulped hard.

"W-where's your necktie?" I nervously pointed out.

My eyes went down to his slightly exposed chest.

Really, Y/n? After he caught you checking him out, you're gonna ask where in the world was his necktie?

Of course, I had to make excuses so he won't tease me!

His brows shot up. A grin was attempting to show but he bit his lips.

So much for being dangerously handsome, Park Sunghoon!

"W-what are you even d-doing here? A-and why are you asking? It's none of your b-business."

I stuttered a lot! Shit!

I walked past him in a fast manner. I busied myself reading our customers' letters even though not a single word registered in my brain.

He just stood there waiting for me. What the hell is he waiting for?

I don't want to talk to you! I mentally screamed.

He put something on the table. My eyes unwillingly followed his move to see what it was.

My eyes widened. It was a flower! A red rose!

My gaze went up to his. He has his playfully smirked on but his dark brown eyes tells the otherwise.

I gulped for a millionth time today.

"He wasn't your boyfriend I assume. So I'm expecting you to accept this." he sounds confident but his tender glare distracted me.

"He wasn't. He's just a friend." I managed to spoke without stuttering this time.

The playfulness was washed out from his face, replaced by a content and more genuine expression.

I reached for the flower and smelled it.

"What's this for?" I probed.

How do I remain composed when my insides are shaking so hard from both nervousness and excitement.

I don't want to assume but why would he give me a flower right?

Because it's the heart's day, Y/n! He's being polite! He's probably aware how you got nothing from anyone today. I want to slap myself at that.

"A gift."

"I mean, why are you giving this to me?"

He sighed.

"That friend of yours gave you one, too, earlier. I saw it. So why can't I?" He demanded.

What does he mean? He saw us?

I took a deep breath. So he's giving me this because we're friends? What?

"Are you saying that you gave me this because we're friends?" I asked slightly annoyed.

Why am I even annoyed? Because he treat me as his friend?

That he probably does the same to everyone! Meaning, this isn't something special for him anymore!

For a moment, I hesitated to accept the flower out of bitterness.

He leaned forward so he can whisper. I froze and couldn't move backwards. Our eyes never lose it's contact.

My heart shamelessly raced that I thought it would escape from my ribcage.

"What do you think, Y/n? Am I a friend to you?" he asked in an undertone.

This sight is one of my favorite.

No, Sunghoon. You're not a friend to me. You're way more special than that.