Chapter 4

Girlfriend

My phone rang beside my bed Sunday morning.

The alarm already went off earlier but I'm too tired to get off of my bed. I take the call still sleepy.

"Hello?"

A loud sigh greeted me.

I frowned in confusion and annoyance.

"You're still in bed, aren't you?" Daniel's voice filled my ear.

My eyes automatically shot open at what he said.

Last friday, we agreed to meet Sunday morning, which is today, for breakfast in one of the cafe around the town. He said we should catch up and that he has something important to tell me.

"I'm so sorry, Dan! I'm just so tired from last night. You know, school works and such. Let's just have brunch, is that okay?" I sincerely apologized.

Good thing he's just so kind.

"Alright. Do as you please but don't cancel this arrangement or delay it too much, 'kay?" he joked.

I laughed.

"Alright, I'll see you later."

After that phone call, my eyelids slowly dropped but was disturbed by another phone call.

I answered it without looking at the callers ID thinking it was Daniel once again.

"What is it? I'll just meet you later, alright?"

After that was a long silence that I thought the call was cut.

When I attempted to open my mouth to say something, the caller finally spoke.

"I thought you're not free this weekend?"

It was Sunghoon.

Without ado, I sit up above my bed with eyes wide open.

My throat went dry and I couldn't find a word to say.

"I was about to ask you next weekend. But if you're free today-" he said that I immediately cut off.

"No! No! I-I just t-thought you're my f-friend... you know..." I said while shaking my head.

Another silence ate the conversation up before he sighed.

"Alright. You just woke up, then?" he casually asked.

Was it really necessary to ask? My face heated up.

"Hmm." I nodded though he can't see me.

He took a deep breath before asking another normal question like we're friends for a long time.

Well we've known each other for a long time now. But we're clearly ain't friends.

I winced at our awkward conversation. I can't believe how he ended it like we've been doing that ever since we met.

But thanks to him, my energy got lifted.

I finally got up and get ready.

"Y/n!"

I saw Daniel waved at me as I entered the cafe. He was sitting in one of it's table with a beautiful girl beside him.

My pace slowed down as I near them, my eyes went to Daniel and the girl beside him alternatively.

The girl was very charming with her dimples out when a small smile touched her lips for me.

Confusion was etched on my face when I sat with them.