Chapter 15: Teaming Up

- Port city, the next day... -

After the group's failed attempt at enlisting the help of the captain of the most prolific noble pirate organization, Ban Hada, they were left no choice but to scrap that part of the plan. They are far into the southern reaches of the Eastern Plateaus; it made their mission far more difficult as there is no one else that they know who could help them. They are left without any progress while their enemies continue to make it.

Having travelled from the mystical forests from where Pomu and Rosemi resided, the group went into an inn for the night and slept until early morning. Lize was the first to wake and dress herself, not bothering with the disguise for now and sat one of the chairs in the empty lobby. (Falric) was next to wake up and seeing Lize awake already, he made coffee for both of them.

"Here you go, Lize." (Falric) said to Lize as he handed her a cup of coffee. "Careful. It's still hot."

"Thank you, (Falric)." Lize gave him a smile while she gratefully accepted the cup. She took a sip of the beverage, feeling the warm liquid and tasting the quality coffee.

"I suppose we're out of choices here. From what I heard from the other patrons last night, the other noble pirates aren't exactly in the mood to have a chat." (Falric) said before he took a sip of his coffee while looking out of the windows, seeing that the Kaizokantai's flagship has finally raised anchor and started to leave. Lize nodded.

"Yes. We can't risk going to the others and Ban Hada was our only option since Pomu said she's trustworthy, but even I doubt her." Lize commented. "*Sigh* This was a gamble, one that I brought ourselves into." She said. (Falric) took a seat beside her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"... I think you already know what I'm about to say." (Falric) smirked and Lize rolled her eyes in a playful manner

"What, that it's not my fault?" Lize mused and (Falric) chuckled in response. "Thank you again, (Falric). I'm really glad that you're here with me." She gave him another gentle smile.

"I have to repay your kindness to me and to my people. I have to honor you." (Falric) said to her. "That, and so I can redeem myself for all the wrongs I have done in your kingdom." He added.

"(Falric)..."

"I insist, Lize. I want to come clean as much as possible." (Falric) told her.

"S-Sure. I suppose you have a point." Lize muttered.

"Lize, we both know that the chaos that me and my people have caused are undeniable, maybe even unforgivable. In Felgarde, those mistakes will become stains in our names and we have to clean them, or else we risk dishonoring our house and we'd be exiled to prevent that from happening." (Falric) said. Lize stared at him in surprise.

"What? Exile right away?" Lize asked and (Falric) nodded. "That... That's unfair! Wh-why would their own families exile them so quickly like it's nothing?" Lize questioned.

"It is the way Felgardians retain their honor. The wrongdoers are exiled to preserve their family names." (Falric) told her. "I reckon it's different here?" He asked her and she nodded.

"Our families would support us if we made mistakes. They'll help us fix whatever we have damaged, not forsake us." Lize explained. "I feel so ashamed. There are still so many things I haven't learned about your people." She mused and (Falric) shook his head.

"We can look at it as differences making us who we are. We've lived with those principles and it led us here now." (Falric) commented as he takes another sip from his cup. Lize glanced at him.

"Are you suggesting that because we are opposites, we are naturally attracted to each other?" Lize mischievously asked (Falric) with a smirk which almost caused him to choke on his coffee.