Chapter 4: Peace Festival

Even though Lize has two friends accompanying her as they go through the crowds in the chamber, she still couldn't help but feel embarrassment from the stares of the people who noticed them, but not as much as the fact that she is holding on to (Falric's) arm, making it look like that they are an item. She did feel relieved that her suitors didn't try anything the entire time, even Oliver Merden who was glaring daggers at (Falric).

Thankfully, the rest of the walk was uneventful until they reached King Garte and Queen Phaerys, Lize's father and mother respectively. Lize didn't want her parents to think that there is something between her and the Felgardian prince, so she let go and thanked him for his help.

Lize and her parents talked about random things for a while as her youngest sibling, Tedric joined them. She often brought the subject of Felgardians, more specifically (Falric), and quite fondly so. This didn't go unnoticed by her parents and it piqued their interest so much that they called for the Felgardian prince in order for them to have a conversation with him, much to Lize's surprise.

(Falric) promptly arrived at the presence of the Helestan royal family and he bowed to them in respect.

"Rise, son of Felgarde." King Garte said to the Felgardian prince.

"Your Majesty, you called for me?" (Falric) asked.

"Indeed. We want to inquire about your time with our daughter here when you left for the royal gardens." King Garte said. "Now, you won't have to worry about anything. We just want to understand how your conversation went." He added.

Confused at that request, (Falric) looked at Lize who is trying to hide her embarrassment. She mouthed him a "sorry" to which he simply responded with a smile, causing her heart to skip a beat.

(Falric) and Lize's parents talked for some time. Queen Phaerys noted that he talked about their time just as fondly as did Lize, much more to her embarrassment which amused both her parents and even Tedric who was listening. Lize just stood nearby, hoping to somehow get out of the embarrassing situation that she inevitably brought to herself.

"He's a keeper I dare say." Someone suddenly said out of nowhere, causing Lize to jump out of her skin. Turning around, she sees a familiar redhead that is her friend and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Please, Ange, don't sneak up on me like that." Lize told Ange who just chuckled. Lize looked at her friend closer and noticed that she is now wearing a beautiful red dress. "Wow. Ange, you look beautiful." Lize commented, causing the redhead alchemist to blush.

"Ehhh, I'm not really into dresses even when going to parties like this. But I will admit that it is well-made." Ange said just as another person snuck behind her.

"Of course it is. I picked it myself." This time, Toko appeared behind Ange, causing her to almost shriek had she not held her voice down.

"Goodness me, Toko! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Ange half-yelled and Lize and Toko laughed in response.

"Guess karma really plays with all of us, hmm?" Lize mused.

"Oh shut up, you." Ange said as she tried to hold in her own laugh. She recollects herself before refocusing her attention. "Soooo, who's the guy talking to your parents?" She asked Lize.

"Oh! He's Prince (Falric) of the House of Felgarde." Lize answered which surprised Ange.

"A prince from the Southern Plains, huh? He does look the part..." Ange trailed off. Toko picked up her change of tone and asked her about it. "Well, Belmond talked about them a few times before. He said that his ship was boarded by marines of the House of Scalesrod just before they left port in Felgarde." She said.