Chapter 8: Escape

- A day later after the breakout... -

"So, it was all a set-up..." Grani murmured as he along with everyone in the royal families minus the Helestan king are in the throne room discussing the incident last night.

"Yes, it was. Someone in our kingdom is trying to frame the Felgardians in whatever scheme this is." Queen Phaerys replied to him.

"What do we do, then? The Felgardians think that we are out for blood and will try to escape back to their kingdom. We can't allow that." Diana said.

"What makes you think that, sister?" Grani asked her.

"If the Felgardians tell their houses of this incident, who knows how will they react? As we all understand, the Felgardians are arduous protectors of their own. Once they hear of this, the problem will spiral out of our control and turn into something worse." Diana replied to her older brother.

"Diana's right. As much as it is an audacious idea, we have to stop Falric and his people from leaving." Klein told the people in the throne room. "We have to contain information about this, at least until we can resolve it."

"What of the real perpetrators? Surely we can't let them get away with this." Prince Oliver of the House of Merden questioned.

"Of course we cannot. But as of now, the more urgent matter is stopping the Felgardians from leaving the Eastern Plateaus." Prince Grandi said to him.

As they discuss their next course of action, Lize remained silent as her friends as well as her younger brother, Tedric kept her company.

(Falric's) words and warnings about a plot against them fell on deaf ears and now, they are paying the price for it. However, it is hard for anyone to blame someone for it. After all, no one knew what was it about, who the real perpetrators are, and why are they doing this. They can't pin the blame on anyone, especially not the Felgardians. Not even the Cheliots.

Not unless they have proof – something that they lack as of now.

Refocusing herself, Lize continued to listen to the conversation when something caught her attention.

"Understood. I'll make preparations for three thousand men to track down the Felgardians, with two thousand more on reserve." General Rafael said to Queen Phaerys.

"Wait, what are we doing with this?" Lize questioned, not understand what was discussed.

"We're you listening, sister?" Klein asked Lize.

"Ah, no... I was in my own thoughts." Lize answered. Klein nodded in understanding.

"We understand. To sum up, we drafted plans to stop Prince Falric and the Felgardians from leaving our territories. General Rafael here will create a task force to fulfill that mission." Grani said to Lize.

"What?!" Lize exclaimed in shock. "We can't risk fighting them again! What happened last night–!"

"We know what happened last night, sister, and it was a regrettable event. However," Grani turned to the rest. "Letting them inform their houses is unacceptable. We have to stop information of what happened here from leaking to the other kingdoms."

"Princess Lize, I assure you that this time, there will be no bloodshed. We only intend stop them from leaving." General Rafael said to Lize. "I will make sure that all of the officers know of this, that they will not engage in combat with the Felgardians."

"You said that before, General Rafael, and look what happened last night!" Lize said to the general. "We clashed swords with Sir Giazza and his guards, and Falric and Dale think that we betrayed them..." She added.