Chapter 14: Calling for Friends

- An hour later... -

After Pomu and Rosemi singlehandedly dealt with the intruding rebels in the magical forest, they made camp near the trees with Lize and Toko. Having agreed to join the group in their quest, they have made preparations and drafted sound but still incomplete plans on how will they reveal whoever is behind all the revolts in the provinces. (Falric) is elsewhere in the forest, interrogating the rebels that Pomu and Rosemi captured and it has been an hour since.

Soon, (Falric) returns to them. Lize and Yoko stood up and greeted him.

"So, did you get anything from them?" Toko asked and (Falric) shook his head.

"Nothing consistent. They either denied any knowledge or gave conflicting perspectives." (Falric) said before taking his spot near the campfire that the four made. "Either way, we're not getting anything from them." He added.

"You didn't hurt them, did you?" Lize asked, concerned. The rebels, while they are after her, are still her people and she doesn't want them to be hurt more than necessary, even though she knows that it has to be done.

"I only did what was necessary." (Falric) replied, dodging her question. Deciding not to find out, Lize simply nodded.

"So, where will be going?" Rosemi the rose maiden asked the three. "We have already informed the other guardians of the forest of the situation and our decision to accompany you. Is there anywhere else you need to be?"

"Oh, yes." Lize nodded. "We have someone else in mind in the southern port city."

"Let me guess: the noble pirates?" Pomu asked and Lize looked at the forest fairy in surprise.

"H-How did you know?"

"I do happen to know someone there. Her name is Ban Hada and she's the captain of the Kaizokantai, as she calls her organization." Pomu revealed and Toko lit up.

"Right! Nui said back in the castle that the Kaizokantai is about to dock after their voyage from Felgarde. This may be our chance to get to her." Toko said to the group.

"She has a noticeable thick accent, so you can't miss her." Pomu added as she put a finger on her chin. "Despite being a captain of a seafaring fleet, she often spends her time on land – I say that she even prefers to be on land rather than the sea."

"You seem to be good friends with Hada for you to be so close with her." Rosemi commented and Pomu laughed awkwardly.

"Well, let's just say that I went on a voyage with her one time... a-and I threw up more than once..." Pomu sheepishly admitted. Rosemi laughed in response.

"In any case, how can this Ban Hada help, and can we get to her?" (Falric) asked and Pomu nodded.

"If the Cheliots are your suspect, it's likely that they have to cross the channel separating the kingdoms and Ban Hada's fleet often pass through there as escorts to trade ships or for the purpose of delivering cargo." Pomu answered. "If anyone knows everything that passes through the strait, it'll be her. As for if we can get to her, that might be complicated considering the climate that Helesta is in right now. Her crew would be heightening their security by now." (Falric) nodded in understanding.

"I still don't know about this, Pomu..." Rosemi said to the forest fairy, her tone changing into that of concern.

"Is there something wrong, Rosemi?" Lize asked. Rosemi sighed.

"I'll be honest with you all. We have friends in Cheliot." Rosemi revealed as the four listened to her. "If my fears are true and I hope that they are not, they'll be some of the most affected and whoever is in power will try to use them." She said.