Chapter 2: Noble Nuisance

- Helestan capital city | Some time later... -

It was another peaceful morning the kingdom. The birds are singing, the winds are blowing, and the children below are already playing on the streets despite the sun having only started to peer over the horizon. Some citizens who are early risers have started their daily routine, but it's not just that – there are only several hours left before the Peace Festival begins, and this morning has brought everyone who is excited to their feet. The local officials are making sure that everything is prepared as well as monitoring the city for any signs of sabotage.

Delegates from the neighboring kingdoms have already arrived prior to this day and they are just as excited as the Helestans, perhaps more so than others. Ambassadors, couriers, and even princes and dukes of the various houses came to take part in the historic moment, and were impressed by the amount of preparations invested to the festival. It was something that can be found only once in their lifetimes and most wouldn't dream of missing it for anything.

They were making history.

Inside the towering castle of the Helestan royal family, the staff are on the ready to assist the foreigners. Some the emissaries have already woken up and are exploring the beautiful interior of the castle. Among those who have woken up are the Second Princess and her Cerberus friend.

Lize and Toko have just taken their breakfast courtesy of the latter. They are walking back to the place where they left Sebastian Piyodore as well as another one of their friend in the sorcery laboratory who is conducting experiment with the former. While seemingly dangerous for the butler-chick, everyone had grown accustomed to it as the alchemist conducting the experiments have comically failed in most attempts.

Lize and Toko arrive to find that their friend is still in the process of an experiment.

The red-haired woman continued to glance at the book on her left hand as her right hand is pointed towards Sebastian who is on a stone pedestal that is visibly emanating magical particles

The red-haired woman continued to glance at the book on her left hand as her right hand is pointed towards Sebastian who is on a stone pedestal that is visibly emanating magical particles. The woman struggled to keep her focus on the spell she is casting as the butler-chick sat on the pedestal, seemingly unaffected. She eventually gave up and let out a stressed sigh, and Lize and Toko took it as their cue to enter.

"Has the experiment concluded, Miss Katrina?" Sebastian quipped at the red-haired woman.

"Eheh, yeah. Guess it's another failure." The woman replied.

"I urge you to look at the bright side. You have achieved some more progress on this session." The butler-chick said to her in which she just scratched her head, thinking of what she might've done wrong for the spell to fail.

"Is it done, Ange?" Lize asked the woman.

"Ah, yes! We just fini-" The woman known as Ange turned to look at Lize but is stunned at the sight of her friend who is now wearing a blue dress with a white fur-trimmed cape and white gloves. Lize noticed her sudden cut off and called her out.