13) A Christmas Party: Part 3

Finally, I had him.
Plushies, cushions and pillows covered the floor. Both our bowls of popcorn laid upside down on either side of the coffee table, their contents sprawled all over the carpet. Though the TV was still playing, neither of us had been paying attention to it for at least 20 minutes. An unlucky lamp caught in the crossfire looked rather bewildered, leaning on the wall that'd caught it mid-fall. The weird angle of its light gave the room a mysterious look, only adding to the tension hanging in the air.

Alex glared at me, his back nearly touching the wall.
There was nowhere he could go.

"You can still surrender now", I suggested, eying him defiantly.

"Never!" Alex snapped back, clutching the one pillow he'd managed to get a hold of even tighter.

"As you wish", I shrugged and I lunged forwards, intending to smack two pillows on either side of his face.

Alex, however, suddenly ducked to the left, deftly swooshed under my arm and smashed a cushion into my side, completely catching me off guard. So much in fact, that I nearly lost my balance. I stepped back in surprise but didn't notice the stuffed elephant right behind me, getting my foot caught on its trunk. I tripped and was just about to hit the carpet when I felt Alex's arms wrap around my waist, breaking my fall and landing me on the carpet softly.

"And where do you think you're going, princess?" he grinned down at me.

"The floor, apparently", I chuckled lightly, staring into his gleaming hazel eyes.

"Does that mean I won?" Alex cocked an eyebrow, smirking triumphantly.

"What? No, of course not!" I objected, not granting him such an easy victory.

"Then I'm afraid you leave me no choice", he sighed, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Is that so?" I frowned, not waiting for a response, grabbing the damned elephant I stumbled over from the floor and slamming it in Alex's face.

"Oh no, you don't!" Alex mumbled as his hands shot to my stomach, starting to tickle me.

"Alex-! You can't- No!" I gasped, unable to contain my laughter.

I was not prepared for this at all - I was very ticklish - and squirmed on the floor, desperate to escape. Alex, however,  showed me no mercy, knowing precisely where to find my weak spots.

"Please! Stop!" I begged, tears starting to roll down my cheeks.

"Oh, so you surrender?" he assumed, placing his hands on either side of me, finally offering me some time to catch my breath.

"Y- yes, f-fine", I breathed.

"I'm sorry what was that?" Alex frowned, leaning in even closer.

I had the urge to roll my eyes, but since Alex clearly still had the upper hand - and I certainly didn't want to be a squirming mess again - I didn't dare to risk it.

"Yes, I surrender", I answered grudgingly, earning a satisfied grin from him.

"I thought so", Alex smiled confidently, booping my nose.

I chuckled while our eyes locked, my face flushing a bright pink.

At some point - probably in an attempt to prevent me from breaking free - Alex had placed himself on top of me, his knees straddling my hips, and I grew awfully aware of that now. With our faces merely inches apart, I could feel his breath tickle my skin, cooling the ever-increasing heat of my cheeks.

"Uhm... Alex?" I started.

"Hmmm?" he mumbled absently, his eyes still fixed on mine.

"I- I can't move", I chuckled nervously.