14) Fairytale Garden

I sighed. My cup of tea was growing cold as I stared at my laptop, unable to find the right words.

"Why is this so difficult?" I groaned, rubbing my temples in frustration.

My phone gave a buzz, and I looked up, eyes searching for the device. I grasped it from my desk and a small smile crossed my lips as I saw Sierra's name in my notifications.

"It's finally happening! The invitations for the premiere have been sent out!"

"That's wonderful news," I texted her back, grinning brightly.

There had been some complications with the show lately. The owner of The Winter Garden Theatre proved rather demanding in meetings about revenue percentages, not to mention the renting costs. But eventually, with the help of Andrew, and an exclusive viewing of the show, arrangements could be made, contracts were signed and 'School Of Rock' had itself a theatre.

"We're having a small party to celebrate, and I wanted to ask you if you'd like to come?"

"Oh... Uhm, I don't know, Sierra", I hesitated.

"Come on, Y/N, you didn't come to any of the previews. People have been asking about you. They haven't seen you in a while."

"You know very well why I didn't," I frowned.

"He's been asking about you too."

My heart skipped a beat.

"He did?"

"Of course he did! He's worried about you. We used to be together all the time and now he barely sees you anymore."

She was right. I'd been so scared to tell him how I felt, that I'd stopped seeing him altogether. I'd avoided him for weeks... and to be honest, I missed him.

"You have to tell him."

I sighed.

"I... I know. I just- I don't know how. I've tried. I even wrote some of it down, but... It just doesn't work", I explained.

"You're writing him an essay?" she mocked me.

"Not funny, Sierra."

"Sorry. But honestly, I think it'll go better if you're not really prepared, say what you feel in the moment."

"You've been watching too many romcoms, Sierra."

"Maybe... You are coming to the premiere, right? You won't skip that because of him as well, I hope?"

"No, of course not! I wouldn't miss it for the world!" I assured her.

"Well, you won't have time to talk properly then. I really think you'd better tell him now. Just come. Please."

I took a deep breath and groaned. She had a point. This had been going on for too long.

"Alright. I'll be there."

"Yes! Fantastic! I'll come pick you up at six." I could already picture the victorious smirk on her face.

I tossed my phone to the side, closed my laptop and leaned back in my chair. Perhaps Sierra was onto something. Writing out what I wanted to say wasn't working at all, and since I had only a few hours until she'd come to pick me up, I didn't really have a choice.
Spontaneous confession it would be... Great.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The doorbell rang. I hoisted myself from the sofa and turned off the TV, a nervous feeling swirling around in my stomach.