25: MATTERS OF THE HEART II

Please don't forget to vote and comment as much as you can. 🥰

Sheikh knew if everyone was going to turn their back on him, Mamas would never, she was someone he could always count on to give him the support he needed whatever the situation.

And he knew he was right about that, because the moment he went to her with the issue, she took her phone and dialed her daughter in law's number.

"Sauda, where are you? Please meet me at home now." She disconnected the call her exasperation plain on her face, "Wannan ai ba magana bane, i don't see how any of this is an issue. Don't worry Sheikh, I will do whatever i have to do to make them drop this nonsense."

Adda Maama walked in thirty minutes later, and from the tetchy look on her mother in law's face and her brother's presence, she instantly discerned the reason behind the unexpected summon.

"Mamas, please let me explain." Adda Maama quickly began, taking a seat, "I'm just looking out for him as his elder sister. I don't want him to be with a woman who doesn't value siblings relationships. She could marry him and watch him fight his family and do absolutely nothing about it."

Mamas shook her head, "You don't even know this girl, Saudat, that situation shouldn't define who she is as a person in anyway." She reasoned with her, "Let me even ask you something, isn't she the same person that took your brother to the hospital when he had that attack and crashed his car? For Allah's sake, she is a woman, Sauda, how many women would have done that?"

Adda Maama was silent.

"Exactly! Jannah is a young woman who wanted justice for her sister and the lawyer happened to be the brother of the accused, trust me i would have felt bad if i was her but definitely won't back down. She didn't force Sheikh to go on with this case and he didn't feel the need to back down even after everyone in his family begged him to, so how does that make her a person who doesn't value siblings ties? And you're not seeing Sheikh's fault in any of that because he's your brother, right? As a matter of fact, you should be worried for him because Jannah might not be very interested in a man that's as stubborn as he is."

"Mamas..."

"Sauda, it takes a strong woman to remain lionhearted and unshakable in a world that is accustomed to women being powerless and timid. Whatever your opinion about Jannah as a person may be, you have to admit she's a wonderful brave girl. So, you know what I'm expecting you to do now? I want you to stop being unreasonable and root for your brother to make that strong young lady your sister in law."

Adda Maama let out a sigh, her mother in law's words getting the best of her and crumbling all her resolve, "You're right, Mamas. I guess i was just... a bit overwhelmed and protective. But Abba has already made his decision about this."

"You talked him into it, so I'm going to assume you won't have any problem talking him out of it." Mamas gave her a smile that told her they were done talking about this.

When Mamas excused herself, Sheikh rose to his feet, intending to take his leave as well but his sister quickly stopped him.

"I know you have never been this angry at me."

He turned with a sigh, but didn't say a word.

"But the thought of you sending your brother to jail scared me out of my mind, and the fact that you're in love with the person that... anyway, now I've realized my error, Mamas just made me look at it from another perspective, and I want you to know that I'm sincerely sorry."

Sheikh gave her a slight, tight-lipped smile, "It's fine."

"I know that face." Adda Maama regarded him with doleful eyes, "You're not letting this slide easily."