8: MATCHMAKING

Issa long one!🤪

Issa long one!🤪

Jannah woke up with severe cramps, it was the time of the month she dreaded, because no aspirin in the world could soothe the pain. Hajiya had been on her since morning, Binafa had lectures and her younger sisters,  Tasneema and Tauheeda had also gone to school, so Hajiya was the only one that could stay with her.

Jannah had just puked the little breakfast Hajiya forced her to eat, now she had a hot bottle placed on her stomach. It was always like that for her, beyond endurance but it was so bad today Jannah wasn't sure if she could make it.

Abbiey walked in but Jannah didn't even have the energy to cover her long kinky hair which had managed to slip away from her ribbon and was now looking in every direction.

"Hajiya you should help her put on a hijab, i have called a doctor and he's here already. Has she eaten anything again?"

Hajiya sighed, looking at Jannah, "No, she hasn't. But its good that you called a doctor, i was actually planning on taking her to a hospital, she's really in pain."

When abbiey walked out to bring the doctor in, Hajiya slipped a hijab over Jannah's head and tried to make her sit up from her fetal position.

"Hajiya, please I don't want to move. Leave me like this."

"Gidan ku, you heard what your father said, the doctor is coming in now, do you expect him to check you like this?"

Jannah groaned when she sat up, she crossed her arms over her stomach.

"Sannu, you're going to be fine in shaa Allah, hopefully this doctor will give you something to lessen the pain, sannu." Hajiya patted her back.

"Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah."

Both Jannah and Hajiya looked up to see Dr. Khalifah walking in with Abbiey right behind him. Hajiya grinned, "Ah ahn who is this I'm seeing like Dr. Khalifah from that hospital? Ikon Allah maraba, come in please."

Dr. Khalifah squatted down and greeted her, his eyes flickering to jannah for a brief moment. She quickly looked down, this wasn't going to be good. She couldn't believe abbiey chose to call him, out of all the gynecologists in  kano state.

"You see her, she has been in pain since morning, it has always been like that for her every month but she even vomited today and that is not a good sign, I suppose." Hajiya explained, looking from Jannah to him.

Jannah squeezed her eyes, partly from pain and partly from mortification.

Dr. Khalifah nodded his head, "I want to ask her some few questions, can she talk?"