26: YOUR CHOICE

I'm trying for youuu fah! Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Jannah may be sad and hopelessly in love with Sheikh but she wasn't crazy enough to cancel her wedding. Every decision came with a consequence, and she wasn't brave enough to face this one. Dr. Khalifah loved her, his
daughter was bonding so well with her, Abbiey and Binafa's family were finally happy after a long period of grief that no one thought was ever ending... she couldn't just watch everything crumble down because she was in love with someone else.

Sure, it was a reason to opt out, but not strong enough.

Her heart was already broken and so was Sheikh's, it was only right if she saved Dr. Khalifah's. She would learn to love him, she already liked him, and Sheikh would find someone even better, with lesser baggage, happier, richer... slimmer.

So as she sat on her prayer mat facing the Qibla in the early hours of her wedding day, she knew after three agonizing weeks, her mind was finally made up and there was no going back.

The faintest rays of sunlight streamed in between her curtains, and Jannah felt the flickers of hope out of nowhere. Maybe this day was the light at the end of the tunnel.

With that thought, she rose to her feet to offer her Duha prayer, seeking for Allah's guidance, forgiveness, and mercy in her last sujood.

Considering the date of her wedding was fixed a short time, the house wasn't that much congested, to her relief. Most of the female invitees promised to stop in later, the men were attending the wedding fatiha.

By 9:00 a.m., she had showered and slipped into her gilded coffee brown lace sewn into a dress that gave the illusion of Iro and Buba with a perfect bow attached to the back. Her emerald drop earrings and necklace gave a pop of color that harmonized with the outfit beautifully. And her deep red henna glistened on her hands.

Her face was free from any makeup, but Jannah felt more comfortable that way... her fitted dress was already getting on her nerves.

Some of Amatullah's friends and hers from school were already there, they squealed and gushed when they saw her. But of course, some of them, like Ramla, couldn't keep quiet about her bare face.

"You need some color on that face, bridey."

Jannah rolled her eyes, "I'm already stressed enough, can't deal with any more of that."

"Wow, is someone that nervous?" Ramla wiggled her brows.

Jannah chuckled, she was about to talk when her phone pinged and before she even turned the phone around the girls had already gathered around her.

"Is it the groom?"

"Is it yet time?"

"Has it been knotted already?"

Jannah groaned at their questions, "Calm down, it's not yet time, we have like an hour to go. And i can't open that message with you around like this." When she managed to shoo some of them away, she sneaked a peek at the screen.

-Can you please meet me outside now? I need to talk face to face with you.

"It's him." She said, her eyes moving over to Binafa, they shared a look before Binafa gave her a firm reassuring nod.

Jannah excused herself out of the room to meet him, he was dressed in sky blue babbar riga with a clean embroidery looking as handsome as she expected he would on their wedding day. The only thing she didn't expect were the deep lines grooving his face.