13. A False Hope

My eyes shot open as I looked around frantically, getting into my battle stance. I looked down at me feet, and noticed that they were covered in snow. A red liquid dripped down onto the snow, making me falter. I placed a hand on my cheek and pulled it back to see a bunch of blood. Not only that, but my finger nails were completely smooth and round, not sharp. I fell to my knees as I heard a few footsteps behind me. My head ached as I shakily turn to look at the source of the sound. My heart skipped a beat, and my eyes widened. A bell rung in my head as I witnessed the sight before me.

My eldest brother, there he was. In the flesh. My eyes grew teary as I opened my arms. He ran at me urgently before pulling me into a quick hug. " Oh god...Y/N! I was so worried for you! Are you alright? Please calm down at let me comfort you." He spoke urgently. I pressed my face into his body and took in his living essence. He pat my back and hugged me tight, careful not to touch my head.

I wiped my tears away and I wrapped my arms round his neck, allowing him to pick me up and carry me to what I could assume was home. I hugged him closely to my chest before releasing him to allow him to take care of me. He gently placed me down onto the bench inside of our warm and cozy home. He gave me a sincere smile before beginning to aid my injuries. "You cried so much. I bet it hurt. But I'm here now so its alright. I'll take care of you." He reassured. It was silent for a few seconds as he cleaned my wounds. "...I dreamt you were dead. Along with our youngest brother." I stated nonchalantly.

He faltered for a second, before quickly holding my face in his hands, staring me in the eyes. "Oh dear. Such a morbid dream from such a sweet soul. Have you not been getting enough rest?!" He stated in a concerned tone. Hearing his voice, struck a certain cord in me. He sincerity made my eyes water, as I covered them with my arm. "It was terrible. And it felt like it lasted years, as if I were in a coma." I cried out. (Brother's name/ B/N) let out an anxious breath as he quickly tried to comfort me once more.

He was so sweet, and so worried for his family members. He was also so gentle and caring, because he had always been bigger than everyone else. At a certain point, he became taller than our father, and was strong as an ox. I guess he was so sweet because he had been afraid of causing harm to anything. He even walked around with cloth shoes on as to not crush the plants.

He hesitantly placed his hands on my head and pulled me into his chest, giving me sanctuary in his arms. "A-ah...its okay. Dont cry so much or you'll make me cry. And I know you don't like that." He frantically stated. He pat my head with his ever so loving hands before releasing me. He placed a few bandages on my scars and rubbed the pain away. I sighed with content as he held out his hand for me. I grabbed it and sat up, enjoying the feeling of his hand in mines.

I was suddenly enveloped in a big hug by my somehow larger, younger brother. I guess I got the short end of the stick when it came to how tall our family was. " You idiot Y/N! I warned you not to go off on your own! Now look at you! Beaten and bruised! You damn fool!" He shouted. His mouth was suddenly covered by the hand of our eldest sibling, who held a stern expression. "Enough. He's not feeling well, and he needs to rest his head." He stated firmly, striking fear into the heart of the both of us. "And you're being loud. You know Y/N doesn't like it." He said.

I never realized before, but B/N was always so protective of me and my standards. I guess he was just super happy to have his first younger sibling, so hes more connected to me than B/N2. I sighed a little as they began to argue a bit. It was something about being too stern and then being too loud. They've always fought over me. In a sense of 'Im his favorite! I care more' and then 'No I am! Im always fighting off his troubles with how generous I am!'.

I let go of my eldest brothers hand and walked away, leaving them occupied. I sat atop a large rock that I found behind our house, and peered out at the sun setting in the valley. I sighed with content before I stood to leave. Before I made it down, I slipped and smacked my head against the rock. Everything black out afterwards.

I woke up to being frantically shaken and pat down by my brothers. They looked extremely distressed and worried at me. "You have to wake up! This isn't you reality!" B/N shouted with urgency. A tone I had never heard from him before. My eyes shot open while I looked at B/N2. " Get over it already! We died okay?! Thats it! We live on inside you and we'll visit you in your dreams!" He said frantically.

My eyes widened as I quickly sat up. Fire burned in their eyes as I did so. They smiled at me before enveloping me in a sincere and close hug. I teared up a little. The rubbed against me and hugged me tight. My eldest brother wiped my tears before giving me a gentle kiss on the forehead. "Stop crying. You must defend your friends. We'll help you get back." He said firmly. I shivered and nodded. I turned to my youngest brother and returned my forehead kiss onto him. He grew a tiny bit flustered at my loving care, but shook it off. "I love you both so dearly." I said with sincerity in my heart. "We love you too!" They stated together happily.

"Now, you have to die to get back. Please don't be afraid, we'll help." B/N said. I grew a bit shocked, but nodded anyways. This false hope of my brothers being alive, actually reassured me of all the fears I had. I got to feel their warmth once more, and they shared one last in person loving experience with me. I was pulled out of my thoughts as they suddenly turned me around. "We're sorry for leaving you so early." "And we wish you well in the real world." They said. They placed their hands on my head and pulled it back. Seeming to hesitate for a second. The suddenly pushed my head forwards and bashed my head into the rock 2 times, causing me brain damage, and ultimately killing me.

I shivered awake and viewed the sight in front of me. Tentacle like objects floated out of the train and roughly gripped onto my wrists and ankles. One shot out towards my face, but I quickly turned over and sliced it to pieces, at the same time that Tanjiro had cut off the head of the demon. The tentacles retracted and set me down, frantically submerging into the train. The demon smirked to himself as his head began to rise up while connected to a large and thick tentacle. I cringed at the sight, as he giggled a little. "I was just about to have my fun with you. Aw~...too bad." He said in a teasing tone.

I growled out as I felt something puncture through my skull. I winced a little and lifted my hand to feel my head, only to find one large horn protruding though the center. I flinched a little and gasped a bit at the rough feeling. It felt smooth, but a sudden protrusion from my forehead just completely scared me. "Ah~. Look at that. Your power has finally built up to its boiling point. You've entered your transformation stage. Think of it as a second puberty." He said sarcastically. I sneered at him and took a few steps forwards.

"Anywho, I knew you'd have the potential to 'kill me', so...I merged my body with this whole train! Right now as we speak, my body is moving quickly to devour all these puny humans inside me. I might eat your friends to. Ah, their scurrying around inside me. It feels so strange, yet so delicious~. Mm~!" He said. I cringed and removed my hands from Tanjiros ears, before launching myself at the demon who soon retracted into the train. God! Hes so weird!

%To be continued% ((1498 Words))