Chapter 2 : Becoming

Quan's POV

The faction allowed me to attend faction meetings but I had never been to a leadership summit at the Town Square.

All 4 faction leaders. Werewolves, Vampires, the Wiccan and Demons all seated around the same table. Conversation and all...

I couldn't wait to see how that would all play out.

"Quan, if you don't finish eating... I'll pull you by these braids..." A few days ago, I got Sarah to do my braids at her salon, she was very good at it but the only thing that wasn't good was her threatening to yank them everytime I didn't listen to her. "We can't be late to our first leadership summit."

"I get it and I'm eating as fast as I can."

We got to the Town Square ten minutes late but luckily the summit hadn't begun. A redhead whom I guessed was a werewolf judging by the way her body was built,opened up giant wooden doors which looked pretty heavy. The sound of the double doors opening echoed through huge hallways and bounced off the high ceilings.

"This way..." She politely said as she led us inside the humongous room. It had a massive hanging chandelier, pretty warm and a lot of ancient paintings put up against the walls that were a light shade of gray.

The big wooden round table that occupied the most space in the room also had paintings of each faction's crest(symbol) and we sat on the side with the Witch star... A six pointed star with a gremore(spell book) at the middle. I was surprised that we were the first ones to arrive.

Sarah noticed me staring at the crest drawn a distance away from ours... I still had a lot to learn about other factions considering that I was still a minor.

"It's the Vampire crest... The half sun, half moon crest." she pointed up to the ceiling where the same structure on the table was replicated. "That one to your left is the Werewolf Crest... The full moon Crest. And the one across us is the Demon crest. The Fire crest."

Chatter filled the room that was once quiet as many people entered. Honestly, I didn't know to react amongst other leaders so, i just followed everything Sarah would do. She remained in her seat and there i was thinking they'd bow at the sight of each leader but none of that happened.

Everyone took a seat except a single seat was left unoccupied on the Demon side. Each faction had two people seated at the table .

"Where's Crane?" a man on the werewolf side asked facing the one guy that was seated on the demon side.

"I'm here... Thanks for the concern." a tall guy wearing a pitch black suit walked in as he put his watch away. He had a veil covering the lower half of his face,as his silver eyes scanned the whole room.

Was he the man that I saw a couple nights back?

He took a seat before looking at me and Sarah,"They must be Mark's children...Sierra and Quad?"

"It's Sarah and Quan..."Sarah corrected.

He simply nodded before the other demon seated next to him spoke," It's great to have you here for the first time. Uhhm, I'm Ron and this is the leader of the North... King Onyx Crane Morganville. "

I heard one of the wolves wince after what Ron had said.

The room went dead silent and I reckoned that no one else was willing to introduce themselves.

" Very well... I'll do all the honors myself. "Ron spoke again." To your left is Alpha Jackson of the West and his Beta... Marcus."

Alpha Jackson gave me a slight nod before staring at me dead in the eye. His stare was a bit weird but also flirtatious in some sense.

I heard that he was over ninety years old... But how could he possibly look like he was sixty years younger than that?

" To your right ... Ahem! " all the staring at each other came to a hault after Ron cleared his throat. "To your right is... Queen Valerie of the South and her oldest and most trusted sire Zayn."

The Vampire Queen simply gave me a smirk before taking a sip of the liquor that sat in front of her. Now, she was the scariest out of the whole bunch.

"Thank you, Ron." Sarah said politely before Onyx Crane Morganville spoke up.

"So, which one are you...Sierra or Quan?" at least the second time he got one of the two names correct.

She sighed, "I'm Sarah..."

"So, you're the one without magic?" Queen Valerie's words escaped her mouth in a polite manner and she lifted her fiery brown eyes to both me and Sarah. Valerie's pale skin looked as though it was thick even to the touch. Her red shaded heart shaped lips rested quiet after her question and awaited a response.

I finally spoke, "She does have magic but it just happens to not be willing to manifest enough for her to do the normal Wiccan activities."

"Ahem..." Alpha Jackson deep voice vibrated lowly before he shifted swiftly on his chair to be more comfortable, "How sweet of you to speak on behalf of your older sister... How old are you, Quan?"

"Se... Seventeen." I stuttered clearing my chest. Alpha Jackson always had an intense gaze which made me slightly uncomfortable.

Oueen Valerie burst into laughter, "You're practically a toddler in vampire years."

"And you're practically dead in witch years." I retaliated with a little smirk.

I heard a few chuckles scattered across the table.

"Some of us actually have places to go... So, if you people don't mind... May the meeting finally begin?" King Onyx said rather annoyed. "As you already probably know... It's a new year. Blood moons, Cresent moons and what ever witches celebrate are important days in this place which ought to be respected by each and every faction."

I had a feeling that King Onyx didn't really take a liking to witches.

" Once a year, we would hold a gathering here at the Town Square for all factions to attend as a way to try to keep the peace amongst the factions." Alpha Jackson's beta Marcus finally spoke up in a low raspy tone. "Which is on the following new moon..."

"... In four days to be specific." Ron spoke as King Onyx stood up. "Now, if you'll excuse us..."

King Onyx's silver eyes went over everyone in the room before giving me a glance one more time.

I wonder why he covers his face everytime.

After the summit, in the carriage on our way home,after a while of silence Sarah finally spoke.

" King Onyx is pretty nice."... (sarcasm)

We laughed it off and just talked about how awkward the summit was all the way to the house.

That summit was just the beginning of my journey to becoming a leader of my faction.

>>Next
Chapter 3 : Town Square.