Chapter 6 : The Arena

Quan's POV

"Bryson,second son of the Waterfell pack and Terrel of the Lockville pack."Marcus said and the gates at the bottom of the arena opened and two muscular guys came out to the platform.

The fight went on for a while with a lot punches being thrown around. It was match after match and a lot of blood had been spilled on the floor.

Whilst the battle between the two wolves was underway. King Onyx drastically sighed as he got up and everyone's attention where we sat was on him.

He jumped over the railing and landed on his feet right at the bottom of the arena.

"This is boring!" He sighed. "I propose something more interesting for all of us. I challenge anyone in this arena...werewolf, vampire or witch to a fight." The arena remained silent for a while then he spoke again and Jackson leaned forward on his chair to get a clearer view of Onyx. "It is a friendly match...of course. I give my word to not kill anyone."

"Now this is more entertaining, "Valerie said with a smirk on her face.

Suddenly someone got up from the crowd and jumped over the railing to stand next to Onyx.

"I...Alpha of the Waterfell pack challenge the king of the North." He said as he pulled off his shirt and Onyx also did the same. His upper body was scarred multiple times and had a massive drawing of the Demon crest across his back.

I was amazed at how strong Onyx was,his close combat skills were outstanding and he knew how to pace himself. Once the Waterfell Alpha tapped out other wolves kept jumping in wanting to fight but they couldn't even manage a scar. One of the wolves suddenly shifted into a big brown wolf and jumped behind Onyx while he was busy fighting two others. Valerie chuckled before she got up.

"The fun is down there,believe me." She said as she threw herself backwards over the railing. She landed on her feet and some of the wolves diverted their attention from Onyx to Valerie. I reckoned she took a liking to kicking more than she did to throwing punches.

"You too?" Jackson turned to me with a smile on his face and I thought to myself...

Why not?

I stood before the railing and untied my cloak over my shoulder before passing it to Sarah. 

"Are you sure about this? "She asked me telepathically.

I was strong enough to take those creatures only because it was a friendly fight. I also jumped over the railing to the bottom. I wasn't sure if I could use my magic or not but I got in on the fight as well. Lauren taught me some close combat when we took a break from magic every once in a while so,I was fairly good. A she-wolf lunged at me and I blocked the punch with my forearms before I kneed her in the stomach. 

Once the platform was cleared out, my body ached from all the hits I took and all of the wolves had tapped out, Onyx looked up to where the Jackson sat and pointed to him.

"Come down ... I ,Onyx challenge you... the highest Alpha."

Jackson shook his head as he walked around the arena behind the first row of chairs. He disappeared from our sight since he was at the highest level of seats.

"Did he just chicken out on me? " Onyx turned to me with his eyebrows scrunched. He seemed to really enjoy fighting more than anything else,though his face was covered...I could tell he was smiling. I had never seen Onyx that excited about something.

I looked back up and heard Valerie say,"I think he's gone. "

As I was watching the top of the arena I heard loud,rushed footsteps and a smirk crept up my face,"He's coming..."