Chapter 5:Alpha's Invite

Quan's POV

I and Sarah walked in the townhall with Jess the redhead she-wolf opened the huge doors as she usually would for everyone.

"Hello,Sarah...Quan." Ron greeted weirdly ...

"He has a crush on me,don't you think?" Sarah telepathically asked me and I chuckled walking to my seat.

Me and Sarah did a lot of those over the years since she'd fully mastered her telepathy.

Once everyone was seated,a servant walked in and placed a glass of red liquid in front of Valerie and she in return gave the servant a tiny wrapped object. I guessed the servant traded her blood for vampire blood to heal the bloody bandaged wound on her arm.

Valerie felt everyone's eyes on her and she chuckled,"Trust me,it was a fair trade..."She lifted her glass before indulging in her drink. "Humans provide us with their blood and we give them ours to heal their scars or they can just use it as insurance... You know?" Zach by her side chuckled as he took a glance at the glass Valerie had in her hand.

"Insurance for what?" I asked suddenly and Valerie's cold eyes came up to my face. The room was dead silent and everyone was just listening in on me and Valerie talk.

"In case they die. They'll get to be revived as a vampire... at least then they will belong to a faction." She said with a smile and I nodded.

"Well...That was an awkward moment."Alpha Jackson sighed as he ran his big hand through his hair ,"We are holding a martial arts program at the arena in the West . Just a challenge for the younger generation and you're all invited. Might be a bit violent for you, ladies."

Valerie laughed it off ," Trust that I'll be there."

"We are going ,right?" Sarah asked me telepathically.

"Why not?"

"We'll be there." Sarah simply said with a polite smile and Jackson returned it. His eyes fell on mine that were already looking at him and his smile slowly faded before I looked elsewhere.

"Blood moon's coming up in a few weeks..."

"Come on,Onyx ...can we enjoy the werewolves arena before we worry about that?" Marcus... Jackson's beta spoke up with a sigh.

I was a little worried because it was my first blood moon since my father died and apparently that moon brought out the worst side out of everyone. I had never fully experienced a blood moon because it happened after a number of years. But I was sure I could get over whatever was so scary about the night.

Onyx rolled his eyes and got up to leave ...

"Demon business is calling..."Ron said getting up then followed behind Onyx.

Valerie and Zach also left without a word.

"I need the bathroom...I'll be right back." Sarah said and I waited for her outside the huge doors.

"I'll send my carriage tomorrow morning." I turned around and found Jackson standing behind me. His blue eyes looked down at my brown ones and I looked away.

"You don't have..."

He cut me off ,"...I insist." He tucked one of my braids behind my ear."You smell like roses."

I remembered that werewolves had an excellent sense of smell and I pursed my lips. It was awkward for a moment until Sarah came back.

"Alpha..." Sarah's eyes jumped from me to the Alpha before she hid a smile.

"We should get going." I said as I held on to Sarah's arm and we left.

In the carriage I took a heavy sigh. I avoided the Alpha since that kiss years ago, telling him that I needed to focus on my magic. And I guessed he wanted us to talk again.