Horrible Explanations (The Truth Makes No Sense)

Ive always wanted to fly. Ive never been on a plane, but I've always wanted to. Whenever i saw Harry on a hippogriff or broomstick in Harry Potter i was jelouse. And i always wanted to do this, fly over the mountains like/with a bird. So, no matter the huge amount of pain i am in, i try to keep my eyes open and enjoy every part of the flight. Occasionally i see a dwarf go by, but they don't look nearly as impressed. I am though, this is amazing, this is magic, this is my wildest dream. I want to scream out with joy, but my throat hurts. The eagle must feel my joy, because it flips daintily in the air, twirling around and giving me the time of my life. My finger and cold in the wind, my hair wipes out around me, my eyes sting, my head spins, but i never want it to stop.

After what seems like a lifetime of pleasure, we land. The eagle holding me, gently rolls me to the floor, and i just lie there. Throughout the ride i noticed me and my eagle where getting further and further behind the group, i assumed it was because he kept on taking detours, over lacks, and valleys and the most beautiful sights i had ever seen. My whole body was numb, and the dwarves and Gandalf then came around the bend. They all stared baffled as i lay there like an idoit, shivering and grinning on the ground. Im guessing i missed out on the while Gandalf talks to the King or prince, i don't remember, of the eagles, and the are now taking us down to the edge of the mountain. Unlike the movie, the eagles don't just randomly come, they were friends with Gandalf, saw the commotion and helped out. Gandalf once saved their prince/king from an arrow wound and thats why they are friends. The eagles can only take us so far because the villages nearby are afraid they will take their livestock ( which they do) and try to shoot us down.

But we are not going now. We are staying for the night. After awhile of The Company staring at me like i was an insane idiot, i somehow wobbled to my feet, walked a few steps to the left and sat down leaning against a rock. A few dwarves shuffled off, by the looks of it to make a fire. Some tried to mime a converstaion, but quite frankly they sucked at it, and Thorin, Gandalf, Balin ( Thorins advisor?) and Dwalin ( bodyguard?) came over, Bilbo was a few steps behind, curious, but not quite sure if he was invited to come over or not. From all the logic i could muster i knew i should be passed out in pain, on the ground crying, or some other extreame, but i just feel weird, like ive been drugged and wasn't quite on the same page as reality. Maybe it is shock, maybe it is adrenaline, maybe both, quite frankly i didn't care, i was just worried about what happened when it wore off.

Gandalf looked like he was deciding what to say, and Thorin looked like he was just about to shout out, well, im not quite sure, but obviously starting this conversation was up to me. So i opened my mouth, and as soon as i started speaking, so did Gandalf and Thorin. " Um, well, you see.." I tried " Little one" Gandalf said kindly while Thorin just kinda looked constipated and yelled " Who are you?". So, me being me, the horrible idiot that i am and blurted out the first thing in my head " Thorin!", everyone looked at me. Gandalf looked confused and slowly said " Your name is Thorin", Thorin looked like he wanted to interrupt, but Gandalf gave him the look. I open mouth to explain, and a thousand things swivelled in my head. I have read basically all the falling into ME fanfics and Elfling Harry Potter stories, and there was one thing in common, nearly every Character waited forever to tell where they came from ( if ever) and always told a lie that slapped them in the face later. When i read them i always thought i would be honest and just tell the truth, screw what everyone thought, but with all the running, i hadn't had time yet. I know this probably isn't the best time to explain, and i actually have no idea how to start, but i know what elflings mean here, and i already feel like a total imposter. So i talk...

" Ok, well, no, my name isn't Thorin, sorry about that. Im Ashley, i think i said that before? Yeah, so um, Ashley, Ashley Vavara Til, but not Ashley Ashley, i just said my first name twice. And i know its weird having two last names, i just do and its not really that important why" Ok, I'm getting some weird looks, but oh well, some of the dwarves looked like they wanted to talk, but again Gandalf silenced them with ' the look'. " Im, er, 15 years old, and I'm a girl, obviously" i got some gasps at that, im going to be kind and assume it was because of my age and not the fact that I'm a girl. " And im from another world, and am actually human, well was, and i have no idea how i got here, and none of you should be real, and i know things i probably shouldn't, and im not an elf, im a teenager, and i have no idea how i got here, and im worried about my parents, and i hurt all over and am surprised im not dead yet" The last part i said i said really fast and take i giant breath after. The dwarves all look at me like im insane for a minute, but i keep talking before they can say anything. " Ok, that probably didn't make much sense, ill try to keep it simple and go from the start" .

I took a big breath " Hi, again. So Im ..was human a few days ago. Actually no, wait let me start before that. I am from a different world, i know it sounds crazy, but its true. Its called Earth, i know, real creative, anyway, its a lot different there. And on Earth there are a few books, and there about Middle Earth, but everyone thinks there fiction, and i know that hard to understand but, wait, let me, um, well, you guys are on a quest to reclaim your mountain." All the dwarves gasped " And you have a map with moon letters on it, and i know thats weirdly specific, but one of the books is about you, which i know sounds crazy, but its true! It has some of your past, and even your future, but i don't know if i can say anything, i could kill thousands if i say the wrong thing! Anyway, i probably changed things by being here. But back to what i was saying, im from a different world. I was a human and lived with my parents and sister then all of a sudden i was here as an elfling! I just went to bed one night, then woke up on a cliff! I thought i had gone insane! Well i was chased by wolves and ended up in a cave" " So did we" someone exlaimed, i continued "i was captured by goblins and i dont know how long i was there. I actually dont remember much, luckily i guess. Well then you guys came and saved me, and well, you where there for the rest. Sorry i didnt say anything sooner, but we were kind of busy. I know this is hard to believe, but you just have to. I have no one in this world, and have no idea what to do. I am so grateful you saved me, more than you could possible comprehend, and i know its annoying im asking you for more help, but i have nowhere else to go".

All the everyone solemnly, their faces unreadble. I look down, i really have no more i can think of to say. " I know this is crazy, i hardly believe it myself, but its the truth.". I felt really warm, the way i always do when I'm about to cry, wow, now i get why no one says it, its really embaressing. Gandalf kneels beside me and puts his hand on my shoulder " I must admit i have never heard anything like this young one, but i do not see you as a liar. As for your predicament i have no anwer, but i know those who might be more help than i and would be glad to help you all i can" he says. I want to cry even more than before now, but i don't " Thanks" i say. "No thanks are needed" said Gandalf. Thorin took a step closer " Ashley, i can not say i believe this, but i also will not call you a liar just yet as we have just been aquainted. I am Thorin Oakenshield, King under the mountain, though you may already know that. No matter though, i am willing to help as anyone of good conscience should. As to getting you home, i know not how, but my men and i shall take you to the next village along and get you help there". The other dwarves nodded agreement and so did Bilbo. I again nodded thanks and looked up, the absolute sincerity on their faces was astounding, and i went to speak again, but when i tried talking a gut wrenching pain hit my, well, gut and all that came out was a whimper. Wow! I didn't know i could make that sound!

Gandalf quickly and Oin rushed up as well ( he was the healer in the movie im going to assume). All the dwarves had long since dropped their pretences of doing other things and were out right staring at me, but i didn't mind, mostly cause i was in to much pain. I was weird, i had felt dine, then suddenly something just snapped, and everything came back at once. " My tools were taken" said Oin annoyedly, though not at me. Gandalf frowned then looked at me. " Ashley, may i put you to sleep with my magic so we can asses your injuries without causing you pain?" I looked up at him, at everyone, i could trust them " Yes" i whispered through my daze of agony " Thank you" Gandalf said softly, stroking my hair from my face, and then he lifted his staff to my head, and the world slowly started fading away. As i looked around one last time all i saw was the vast, tall cavern filled with flickering light made by the bonfire the dwarves had just made, everyone staring at me with the kindest faces imaginable, the valley bellow the cave with the moon slowly coming up with its amazing entourage of stars, and an eagle flying to the mouth of the cave, its wings shining like bronze in the lights, a dead animal in its talons, and the sound of its call into the nights.