Kittens Have Claws

"Wake up" a voice called through the thick, warm darkness. "No" i reply, although whether or not it was understandable is anyones guess. Whoever woke me would pay! Its school holidays right? " Come on little one" the voice said, i felt a warm hand on my shoulder, dad? " Five more minutes" i mumbled, i am allergic to dust and normally accidentally sleep sleep with my mouth open, so my mouth always felt like ash when i woke up. " Little one" said the voice, dad i will kill you! " Go to hell i said louder" i expected to be told off for this. I never really got woken up by my parents, and when i was there was a reason, so i was pretty pist, i would normally take it in better stride, but for some reason i am so damn tired.....Wait! Oh, god. I remember, how could i forget? Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god! I.AM.AN.IDIOT! I want to cry, to scream, to do something! I have barely ever woken up disorientated before! It must have been the spell. Crap. And there goes my swearing.

I am about to state my new state of awakness, i cant open my eyes yet, or really move, but at least I'm conscious. I open my mouth, then wham! My stomach drops as i am suddenly picked up. Gandalf, trust me, i know his grip by now. Wait, picked up, i was on a bed. Are we at Beorns? Either way, Gandalfs wraps whatever blanket that was on my bed around me, and seriously, i consider just going back to sleep in his arms, being awake is hard. " Ok" i moan " I'm up, Im up, I'm up" i was not up. Slowly i open my eyes, rubbing them hard with my fist, the first thing i see i Gandalf's old face with a very raised ibrow. I did the only thing any mature young girl would, as i could not raise my own eyebrow at the minute-a trick that took me forever to learn- i simply stuck my tongue. There goes his eyebrow, i hope it never comes back. Yep, im in bitch mode today.

Wow, i think, i must have slept the entire walk here! I wonder who carried me? Whoops. "Young Ashley, we have arrived at a friends house, Beorns" i snort when he says that, sure, a 'friends'. Ok, Ashley, tone it down, you want these people to like you. " Yes i know, he's the shape shifter. How long was i asleep?" Wow, and i even managed to say that properly. Gandalf looked surprised that i knew this, well that proves he didn't believe me. " You have bern asleep naught but a few days" he said, thank god, i hope i didn't talk in my sleep. I squirmed a bit and noticed i felt better,a lot better. I surveyed Gandalf and saw bags under his eyes, darn, he must have used magic to heal me. F**k, i hope i didn't weaken him for later. " Thank you for healing me" i said looking down, cause nows certainly the time to get or more modest. Urgh!

"It was a pleasure to help you, young Ashley" he said in his old, deep voice. " Well thanks, i guess" i replied, wow girl, real fluent. " You do seem to guess alot" mused Gandalf. Cue face palm.

After about ten minutes of assuring Gandalf that i was ok, and was not on the way to self harm ( stupid face palm) he posed me a question. " Now, i know you are tired" nah really? " But you are badly malnourished" wow they have that word here! " Still weak and injured from your travels as there was only so much i could do" well excuse you from not being Elrond "But, although you still need rest, i think it best if you are fed and refreshed first" well im not going to complain. " Thanks" i whispered again, i seem to be saying that an awful lot lately. "Now" Gandalf said, obviously now getting to the 'point' " The dwarves are now currently getting their lunch, but it may be easier for you if you eat in here as you are still tired" he finished looking at me questioningly, ohh, and he found phis eyebrow.

Well. If i stay in here Gandalf may try to baby me even more, and probably try to 'discreetly' question me as well. Also, I'm so tired i may act stupidly and or fall asleep in the middle of something. Meanwhile, if i eat out there, i will still get questions, but hopefully i can be ignored, it will be easy to hold it together to keep my image, and i don't want to offend the dwarves by ignoring them. Mmmmm. Seriously i just want to go back to sleep, but as soon as food and water was mention my stomach woke up and it ain't going back to bed with me. "Um, well, i might as well eat with everyone else, though i can't say I'm going to be ummmm...well, I'm having a mental blank, oh well" Gandalf stared at me even more worried than usual " I am guessing you don't know what a mental blank is?" Gandalf just shakes his head. To explain or not to explain...." Well how about we get going?" And i choose not. " Yes, i think you are right little Ashley" ok, can you just decide on one endearing term and use it? Ok probably not the point.