Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

I wake up with a weird feeling.

What a weird dream.

"The princess is finally awake."

Never mind, not a dream.

I look up and now in the bright light I can easily make out the guy's features.

He has dark hair, flopping down to his brows, and dark green eyes with an almost black circle surrounding his pupils. He is still very young, maybe a year or two older than me.

"Where am I?" I demand and he shrugs. "I demand you to tell me."

He grins, "Who demands me? The runaway princess who fears royalty?" He chuckles and I feel my heart sink.

Is that what my mother thought?

"Let her be, Roan." I frown at the new voice and look up, meeting another pair of eyes.

Blue eyes with golden freckles in them.

"Yes, sir." Roan stands aside and the new guy stands in front of me.

His hair is neater than Roan's, and he seems a bit older.

Also, very handsome.

"Why did you kidnap her again?" He faces Roan who's face falls.

"She saw me!" He defends and I force myself not to make a comment about him being a total cluts when entering through a window, "And I thought she would be more valuable."

"Valuable in what way exactly?" Blue-eye-with-golden-freckles looks at me again and I try to struggle against the constraints I only now realise I have on my wrists.

"Well, to get to King Frans."

King Frans?

My father?

"What do you want with my father?" I demand and the blue eye guy smiles.

"I see what you meant when you said she was feisty."

"You haven't seen it yet." Roan mumbles and I glare at him.

"Answer my question." I demand and the guy sighs.

"Well, your majesty," I scrunch my nose at his sarcasm, "Your father, your king, owes me something." I frown at him.

"A king owes you, a commoner, something?" I ask slowly and the guy's eyes flare up with anger.

"I am not a commoner, Princess." He grits down on his teeth. "I am the King of Norway." My eyes widen. King? "You can call me Archer."

"I am not calling you anything, but you will take me home this minute!" I yell and he laughs.

"Or what?" He laughs, his eyes sparkling, "You're going to cut of my head?" I frown but realise what he means.

"I am not my grandmother. We had stopped that years ago." I state and he just chuckles.

"Your father had stolen mine." He finally admits, turning his back to me, "We have been stealing little by little from him." He walks to the door.

"Roan, you are one smart guy." He comments before leaving through the door.

I take the moment to look from the door around me. I am what looks to be a prison.

"See, I told you that you would be more valuable." Roan finally speaks up, crouching down to face me, "I do not know why I had thought of this sooner. Horses, sheep, ships and jewelry is nothing compared to his precious daughter."

"You stole our flock and ships?" I ask with a small laugh, and he frowns.

"Yeah, but he didn't react to it."

"Of course, he wouldn't." I laugh a bit louder, and Roan seems more confused, "We have more flocks and ships than the few you can see." I admit to him, and his face falls again.

"What did my father exactly do that you have to punish me with this tight restrains?" I ask, lifting my now bruising wrists.

"Oh, sorry." Roan pulls out a key and unlocks the cuffs around my wrists and I rub them. "I forgot that your skin is more sensitive than the thieves we use to lock up." I just nod my head, concentrating on relieving the pain in my wrists.

"Your father had killed our king." Roan leans back against the wall next to me. "I am not even supposed to share this with you. Archer will kill me."

"Then don't." I shrug, leaning my head against the cool stone wall. "I am merely just curious. My father is a great king and even better father, so I can not wrap my head around why he would have enemies in Norway."

"Our king was innocent when he got killed, and the only person who saw him last was your father."

"So, you just assume it was my father?" I ask, feeling the anger in the pit of my stomach.

"Well, who else would it be?" He asks and I face him.

"You are supposed to do your detective work." I state and he just stare at me. "How long ago was this?"

"Almost four years ago."

Something does not add up.

I know this because four years ago my father was not in Norway, he was in Italy.

It was my fourteenth birthday, and the first birthday I had spent with only my guard and the staff in the castle.

My mother had left to visit family, and we had a terrible fight which is why she decided to leave a week prior.

"My dad was in Italy." I state and Roan does not answer.

"How sure are you?" He asks after a few seconds, and I really think about it.

I am not sure.

I can only assume.

I can only hope.