Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen:

Ireland was something to look at.

The green mountains were beautiful against the grey sky and there was some peace to the atmosphere. There are more green here than in Norway.

"Well?" Archer holds his arm out to me, and I hook in, "Let's complete your mission and leave here." I nod my curtly and we start to move to the town.

My heart is racing in my chest as the nervousness settles in my stomach.

The town was small, and there weren't many people out like in my home. There were people sitting on chairs with small tables near buildings and some people were riding the horses calmly. The town didn't bustle or had no loud noises like Norway.

However, we did catch some people's curious eyes as they watch us carefully.

My grip tightens slightly on Archer's arm, and he looks down at me, worry in his eyes. I shoot him a wobbly smile and he smiles softly back.

Roan was tagging with us, giving everyone a warning look even though he does not look the slightest intimidating. I feel very grateful that he is at least trying to protect me in some way.

A guard comes up to us, his armour different than those I am used to. He has his helmet under his arm and is coming towards us with a kind smile. He has a red moustache above his upper lip.

"Good day," He bows slightly, "We rarely have visitors in Ireland these days. What brings you?" I know that he can see we are not just any visitors. I have ensured that I am wearing my best dress and my princess crown that I have refused to wear ever. Archer and Roan is also dressed in their royal attire.

"I am here to speak with your king." The guard frowns, "I am Princess Aria from Denmark, King Frans' daughter." I state with as much power as I can, and the guard's eyes widen.

"Right this way."

He leads up to a stoned castle. It has towers on either side of the entrance and a huge wooden gate with spikes that opens and closes over a river.

Paranoid?

I do not let go of Archer, afraid that I might get lost or get taken if I do.

Now I sound paranoid.

I am a bit.

The guard had put his helmet back on and is walking in front of us with his head held high. I wonder if he is the main guard or something. He is too arrogant to be just another guard.

We stop inside of the very first room of the castle which I can recognise as a throne room.

A man with stands from the throne and gives us a wary look. He does not recognise us but knows that we have to important to be let into his castle.

"Who have entered my grounds?" He asks, his voice filled with power of a king. I can see that he is aging. I only now realise that a petite woman is sitting in the other throne, that is bigger than she is. Her ginger curly hair is braided back, and her face shows the same as the king's.

Why are they so vigilant?

"I am King Archer of Norway; this is Prince Roan from Norway. We have escorted Princess Aria from Denmark to Ireland as she has an important message and needs answers." Archer speaks up and I thank him silently for breaking the ice first.

"Princess Aria?" The king asks, his grey eyes focused on me now, "How come King Frans never spoke of you?" I feel confusion too at his remark. I know my father had kept me safe, but in Denmark he never kept quiet about me.