Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

"Princess Aria," Ash steps inside my room, her worried expression never fading. "The doctor is here to see you." With this news I jump up from my bed and hurried downstairs, not even bothering to grab my shoes.

I stop in front of Doctor Alfred whose face gives it all away.

"I am so sorry Princess, but your father has been poisoned and it does not look good." He looks defeated when he gives me the news and I feel like crying.

Not my father too.

"We are trying to do our best, but the poison that he has been injected with has a very rare cure that we cannot always find." I feel my heart sink down to my feet again and I lower my head in disbelief.

"Is there nothing else?" I ask softly and he shakes his head, his eyes filled with sorrow.

"I am so sorry, Princess."

He left after lightninging me in on what the poison had affected and how far they can cure him with the little remedies they have.

When he left through the doors I fell to my knees, sobbing until I could not sit straight anymore.

I curled up in a ball, my body racking with the sobs.

"Aria," Ash comes running towards me, trying to calm me with soothing words but all my mind can think is that I am being abounded. I have never felt this alone before.

I am not ready to be a queen.

I cry even harder thinking about that as Ash starts to call for more help.

I woke up in my bed and when I looked around my eyes locked with the most gorgeous blue eyes had only seen once in my life.

What?

I sit up straight and shoot Archer a confused look from where he is sitting on my bed. I reach towards him and pushes his chest.

Okay, he is real.

"Archer?" I ask and meet his amused eyes.

"You don't look so good." He answers and I scowl at him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him and he opens his arms.

"Surprise?" He asks hesitantly and the tears start to well up again, the confusion turning to sadness.

I throw myself into his arms and the tears just start to fall. He strokes my hair softly, resting his chin on top of my head as I let out my sadness.

Probably soaking his shirt.

"It is going to be okay." He murmurs and I shake my head no.

"No, it is not." I wail, "My parents divorced, my mother left right after we had forgiven each other and now my father is poisoned." I sob and he just holds me.

"Aria – "

"You made her cry?!" Roan's voice booms through the room, "Man! I leave you with her for two seconds to relief myself and get back to her crying?" I peek at him as he stalks over, his forest green eyes glaring at Archer who is glaring right back.

"I did not make her cry! She is just having a tough time." Archer defends and Roan's glare just hardens.

"Or you made things worse." Archer throws his hands in the air as I move away from him, watching their petty fight.

"I did not!" Archer whines and I smile softly when I realise that they are really here.

"I missed you guys." I sniffle and they look at me, their faces softening.

"I missed you too." They say in unison only to shoot each other another glare.

"Why are you here?" I ask and they look at each other before looking back at me with confusion.

"You asked us to come?" Roan asks in confusion, and I look just as confused.

"I did not?" I ask back and Archer rubs the back of his neck.

"The letter said "A", not "Aria"." Archer realises and frowns, "But who else do I know with an "A", other than myself and you?" His frown deepens.

Ash.

I just knew it had to be her.

She had been going crazy with my constant crying and walking through the castle with a mourning expression.

"I think I know," I admit with a sigh.

I start to explain to them everything, from the day they have left until now.

"That explains why you look the way you do." Roan admits and Archer nods his head, his eyes wide.

"Right?" He says, "She looks even worse as how she looks when waking up." I gasp in offense.

"Is that why you're here? To insult me?" I ask and they look at me in shock, quickly shaking their heads.

"No, of course not." They defend in unison again.

"Aria, we are here because the letter was devastating." Archer says as he grabs my hand, "You really look like the dead. Have you eaten?" He frowns when I shake my head.

"No, I am worried sick about my father." I whisper and Roan wipes his hand across his face in total disbelief.

"We can get the cure for the poison, but since it has been this long I cannot promise we will be in time," Archer speaks up and I stare at him.

Rage fills me.

"You have known this whole-time what cure I can give him?!" I yell and he flinches.

"No, I did not. I only knew after you told us the entire story." He defends and I am still angry.

"Aria, calm down." Roan speaks and I glare at him too.

"My father is dying, and you are telling me to calm down?" I demand and he sighs. I take a deep breath, closing my eyes.

"You are emotional. We understand completely, but the cure is back in Norway and that alone is a two-day trip. Finding the cure is another day or two as we have to go through one of the biggest forests." Archer explains and I look at him with desperation.

"We have to try, even if it takes a week." I beg and he nods, looking at Roan who is looking at me with sympathy.

"Follow up with the doctor on how long your father can survive on the remedies, we will ensure to take off as soon as possible." Roan advises and I nod my head, standing up but feeling terribly weak.

"Eat something first." Archer begs slightly and I sigh, but agree, nonetheless.

Ash is standing close by as I take a bite of the breakfast she had made.

"Why did you contact them?" I ask her softly and she folds her hands.

"I had to; you were losing yourself." She mumbles and I look at her, "And I knew that the cure Doctor Alfred was speaking off could be found in Norway."

"How?" I ask and she peeks at me through her lashes.

"I am from Norway." She admits.

I am surprised that I did not know that, but then again, we never really talked. She only took care of me, even though we are very close in age.

"I am sorry if I had crossed any boundaries." She apologises and I shake my head.

"No, thank you, Ash." I smile at her, "You just ensured that I am safe and get help and I appreciate it."

"I am sure my father would appreciate it too." She smiles at me and nods her head.