Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

Roan woke me up in the late morning.

"You sure sleep deep." He mumbles as he hands me another dress, this time a light yellow one.

"I didn't know that, considering that you literally fell in my room when kidnapping me." I state and he flushes in embarrassment.

"I am not a good thief, I know, but royalty does not teach you that." He defends and I laugh.

"I can promise you that I will be a better thief than you." I state confidently and he raises a brow.

"I would like to see you try. Now, get dressed." He orders and I shoot him a glare.

"Do not order me around." He just laughs as he leaves the room and I do as he ordered. I got dressed in the dress and slipped on the same black shoes of yesterday.

I opened the door and Roan was leaning on the wall next to the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I stroked out the imaginary wrinkles in my dress.

"I am taking you to the village, which is why I need you to cover your head with this and keep it low." He hands me an oversized sun hat and I shoot him a confused look.

"I do not want anyone to notice you as the princess." He states and I nod my head in realisation.

"Why are we going?" I ask him and he just smiles, keeping it a secret.

The village was bustling with people, and everyone has stands that is selling something else.

"Bread! Bread!" I hear a man yell, "Soft baked bread!"

The smells are all so new to me and the loudness makes my head spin, but the adrenaline makes it all so much fun.

"Fruits of all kinds!" Another man yells as Roan and me past him, "A fresh red apple for a beautiful lady?" He pushes an apple that is shining in the warm sun towards me.

"Oh, I would love to." I say as I reach for it, but Roan stops me and drops a few coins in the man's hand before taking the apple from him.

He hands it to me with a look on his face that I cannot decipher.

"Nothing is free here, Aria." He whispers as we move away from the man. "You are not a princess here now; you are a villager." He carries on explaining, "When you just take from them, it is considered stealing."

"But he offered it." I defend, stopping in my tracks to face him. He just laughs, shaking his head.

"No, he asked-said. He wanted you to take it as it is his way of making money."

Oh.

"Just follow my lead, okay?"

I nod my head in agreement and hook into his arm.

After a few rounds and buying food as well as other items, Roan stops at a bench in a park.

"Take a seat, we have been walking around for hours." He whines and I smile, taking a seat next to him.

"I missed the village and so much has changed since I was last here." I murmur and Roan shoots me a curious glance.

"How long ago were you here?" He asks, stretching his long legs out in front off him.

"When I was ten." I answer truthfully, "My mother had never let me out the castle walls. She thought that I was too rebellious against her wishes and therefore not allowed to have my own fun."