4.Phoenix Contract

Jiraya was very impressed with Naruto able to tap in ninetails Chakra. He decided, its time for Naruto to know about his family.

Jiraya : Hey Naruto. You know when I said you that I took you as my apprentice because you remind me of someone close to me, it was only partially correct.

Naruto had a confused face on this.

Jiraya : Actually other reason was that I am your Godfather. I know you might be angry with me for not checking on you but I had no option I am spy of village and I had to protect the village from outside. But I am really sorry Naruto

Naruto had tears in his eyes. He didn't held them back, he just hugged Jiraya tightly.

Naruto : Its ok Pervy Sage. I am not angry on you. The feeling that I have a family is enough for me. And I understand your responsibilities.

Jiraya was proud that his grandson is so matured.

Jiraya : Well Naruto your parents have left you with few things. And I am sure you want to know about them.

Naruto : Really you will tell me about them.

Jiraya: Yes. But only one condition.

Naruto : What is it? I will do anything ,believe it.

Jiraya : I will tell you about parents only if you promise you will not reveal it to anybody. And by anybody I mean anybody. Because your parents where powerful shinobi ,they had a lot of enemies. That's the reason Sensei( Hokage) kept it a secret.

Naruto nods understandingly.

Jiraya tells him about his parents. Naruto was shocked will be a understatement. After finally processing the information, he started dancing like mad. That his ideal was indeed his father. He also promised that he will not reveal this to anybody.

Jiraya : Ok so Naruto. As I said your parents left something for you.

He summons a scroll.

Jiraya : Naruto apply your blood to this scroll to open. Only your blood could open it.

Naruto does as said. It was a sealing scroll. It had many other scrolls. It contained the prized justus of his parents. It also contained the sword named Amaya, the sword of his mother. It also had pass book containing money left for him. The most imporant thing it had was summoning contract with a Phoenix symbol on it.

Jiraya : Naruto the reason I wanted to know about heritage was to teach you summoning and sign the summoning contract. I wanted you sign the Toad contract just like your father, but I also expected you mother to leave you the Phoenix contract.

Naruto : Phoenix contract? I have never heard of it. I read a lot of books in the library these days. It never had any mention of Phoenix. For all I know it is a myth.

Jiraya : Well Naruto you are right. It is said that Phoenix has not accepted summon for around 1000 years now. It is a heritage of Uzumaki Clan. For all we know the person who was the last summoner was the founder of Uzushiogakure. He was son of Sage of six paths. His name was Asura Otsutsuki.

You may be thinking why am I telling you this. But this is something only your parents and I know. They trusted me with this information. Not even the Hokage knows about it.
Your mother was the last survivor of Uzumaki clan. While she was leaving the village.
She took the Phoenix contract. As it was last wish of the soul of Asura Otsutsuki.

Naruto : Wow, but what happened to the village and how come the soul of such an old man was there even after a 1000 years. I don't get it.

Jiraya : Uzumaki's were very powerful. They were famous for expertise in seals. They had large Chakra reserves and were known for longevity of life. People feared them. Hence many nations grouped together and eliminated the village. Nations also had the objective to steal there knowledge and secrets but couldn't do so as its is guarded with strong seals which only one for their clan members can open.