Living Together

"But, Baby, I'm okay, it's only because I'm not getting enough sleep and a little tired. Labs are getting crazier these days and I want to end up with at least B. I want to graduate with good marks so I can work in a good company that can provide a big salary."

Beam took a deep breath, not understanding what made him desperately love a stubborn man like Forth.

He turned his back on Forth and began to sob. Ford panicked. He hugged Beam from behind and rested his chin on Beam's neck. He is very weak to Beam in normal and fine, and when Beam cries, really, he is broken inside and out."Baby, I'm sorry, please . . . don't cry, okay? I'm going to rest, eat a lot, and take medicine, whatever you want. Please, Baby, forgive me, okay?"

Beam chuckled at Forth's words. He turned and smiled at his lover. Forth was stunned to see Beam's smile. His eyes were dry, no sign of crying.

Forth pinched the tip of Beam's nose in exasperation. "Baby, you lied to me?" asked Forth wide-eyed.

"No. I just love you," concluded Beam, kissing Forth's pale lips. He rose from his sleeping position and pulled the blanket to cover Forth's body up to his waist. "Go to sleep. I'll make porridge, then buy medicine while stopping by my room to get books and clothes. I have morning class tomorrow, so it's more practical if I go straight from here."

"Don't take too long, Baby, I don't like waking up and you're not around me," Forth said quietly.

He felt sleepy and Beam's voice cradled him very softly. Beam smiled seeing Forth's eyes half closed. He kissed Forth's forehead and stroked his hair until he heard a soft snore.

Beam meets Kit when he gets to the dormitory.

Kit follows Beam into the room. "You want to stay at Forth's?" Kit asked when he saw Beam stuffing his books and uniform into his backpack. "Didn't you just come back from his place yesterday?"

"Forth is sick. That idiot seems to have taken several lab schedules at once to complete his major. He wants to start writing his thesis next semester and graduate the following semester."

"Wow," Kit said in awe. He thought of his own boyfriend Ming, "Ming alone is exhausted with two laboratory schedules."

"Well, you know Forth's stubbornness. I'm worried about him. He needs to be reminded to get enough sleep, eat regularly and smoke less with such an insane schedule."

"Why don't you just move into his place, Beam? You can keep an eye on him while he's busy, or better yet, you don't have to go back and forth so often just to pick up books and clothes. Your room also gets dusty because you don't stay in much."

Beam sat on the bed and thought. "That seems like a great idea. We'll also be busy starting next semester, with all the internship schedules and I can't stop worrying about Forth."

"Ming and I thought about moving into the same apartment. If you move, Ming can take your room."

"You're going to break the wall?" asked Beam, chuckling.

"If the landlord allows it," Kit said seriously.

Beam laughed and nodded. "I'll try to find an apartment that's not too expensive, with two rooms and close to campus. Don't say anything to Ming yet. I'll have to talk to Forth about this, when he gets better."

Beam thought about Kit's suggestion on the way back to the Forth dormitory.

He opened the bedroom door and saw Forth still sleeping. He was sweating and his hair was damp.

Beam approached the bed and wiped Forth's forehead with a cold towel. "Babe, wake up for a second. You should drink."

Forth groaned softly and turned around, his arms wrapped around Beam's waist. "Baby, I'm hungry."

Beam laughed and bent down, kissing Forth's forehead. "I bought chicken soup, let's eat."

"Poom, I was thinking about something earlier," said Beam, stroking Forth's hair.

They have finished eating. Forth had taken his medicine and Beam had changed into a comfortable t-shirt and shorts.

They were on the bed and Forth's head was on Beam's thigh who was sitting leaning against the head of the bed.

"Hm? What's bothering you and making your forehead wrinkle all the time, Baby?" asked Forth half asleep.

He took Beam's hand and brought it to his chest.

"I don't know if this will be too soon for you or not," Beam said doubtfully. He looked at Forth. "I... do you want to live with me? I mean, really together in the same place. I want to be with you all the time, taking care of and looking after you like this without having to go back and forth to pick up books or..."

Forth lifted his body and grabbed Beam's head. He kissed Beam's lips to stop his awkward chatter. "Ssh... I see, Baby, and what you said just now is something I've been wanting for a long time but didn't dare ask."

Beam returned Forth's kiss and they kissed briefly.

"Uh, why?" asked Beam when their lips separated.

"I don't want to make you feel pressured. I'm afraid you'll refuse because I'm too pushy and possessive."

Beam smiled and wrapped his arms around Forth's neck. "That's bullshit, Poom. I like it when you're possessive of me. So let's find a rather spacious apartment for us to live in together, once you get better."

Forth smiled and pointed at his desk drawer. "No need, Baby. I already have one. Just look at the drawer. I bought it with money I got from last year's patent. The apartment is for you. Just for you."

Beam gasped.

*****