Chapter 13: I figured

Melissa's POV

"So, I can safely assume the person we were talking about the other night was me?" I casually ask Katie.

She pauses in changing Huxleys diaper for a moment before continuing.

"Yes" she breathes.

"You really thought that I wouldn't lo-like you back?" Saying that I loved Katie was too soon. I caught myself midword but I had a feeling she knew what I was going to say.

"Well, there were a lot of factors that I had to take into consideration. The divorce, Huxley, and you not showing any sign that you liked women" she says.

Katie picks up Huxley and balances him on her hip.

"I didnt really start to realize I liked you until Colin came back. I couldnt sleep the first time you guys went out and I didnt understand why I cared so much at the time" I chuckle.

"We basically talked about you most of the time. Colin was encouraging me to win you over" Katie laughs.

She takes Huxley to the couch and we sit down. I give Huxley a toy while we continue our conversation.

"Did you really?" I smile.

"Of course. I was nearly driving myself mad with deciding whether to do it or not" she says.

We continue teasing each other and settle on watching a movie.

"What would you like to watch?" I ask.

"How about Star Wars?" Katie suggests.

"I figured" I snicker.

"Figured what?" She rivals.

"That you would want to watch that" I say innocently.

"Are you mocking the greatest movie series to have ever been made?" She feigns offense.

"They were books before they were movies" I return.

"While I agree that the books were better Im hurt that you dont want to watch the movies" she pouts.

"Who said I didnt want to watch it?"

Huxley suddenly throws his toy to the floor and spurts nonsense.

"Exactly my thoughts Huxley. She's spouting garbage" Katie huffs.

"Garbage?!" I gasp.

I get closer to Katie so that Im near her face.

"What I mean thing to say" I utter lowly. I could see that Katie glanced at my lips and I smirk.

"It's your move Ms. McGrath" I say quietly.

"If I didnt have a small child on my lap" she growls.

I laugh before I sit back in my spot. I put on Star Wars before cuddling close to Katie and my son. Katie had given him another toy which he began to teethe on. One of Katie's arms wrapped around him on her lap and the other played with my hair. I loved when she played with my hair.

I fell asleep at some point in the movie. I only woke up when Katie nudged me and held Huxley in her arms. Like mother like son. My little boy had also fallen asleep and was clinging to Katie's shirt.

"I think it's time for bed" I yawn.

We make our way back to the room and Katie set Huxley down in his crib and I changed into my pajamas. I had just put on my shorts when Katie walked into the closet I was in.

"Sorry I didnt realize you were still changing" she smile shyly.

I smile back and pull her shirt a little. I could gradually begin to see her blush. I have no idea what came over me but when she was close enough I kissed her. God I wanted more, but this was happening so fast. Katie kissed me back and I could feel her hands go to my sides. Her fingertips went beneath my shirt and I shivered.

"Katie" I whispered against her lips.

"We should calm down before we do something in the closet" Katie groans.

Reluctantly I force myself to back away and let her change into her pajamas. I tuck myself in bed and wait for Katie. She comes out to get into bed and turns off the light. As we settle into our spots I move closer to her to cuddle. My arms wrap around her torso and hers wrap around my shoulders. Our legs lock and I sigh when Im finally comfortable.

"Good Night Katie" I whisper.

"Good Night Melissa" she whispers back.

Katie's POV

How I gathered the will power to not take Melissa in the closet? I dont have a clue. Julie had called this morning and asked to take Huxley out for some grandchild time. Melissa and I only had half a day of filming today because part of the cast was missing.

Chyler was home sick with the flu, Staz was out for another job, and Azie was leaving early for a family situation. I wondered why they didnt just cancel today but I assumed they would want to do scenes of Kara and Lena.

Julie came by to pick up Huxley early this morning and we left for work. When we got there they told us a run down of what today would look like.

"Looks like Supercorp scenes today" Melissa smiles.

"I cant count how many times I've had a fan come up with Supercorp items at the Comic Cons" I laugh.

Melissa laughs along as we walk to our stations. I left to dress into my three piece suit. When I left my trailer to go to hair and makeup I ran into Melissa. She had on her signature Kara Danvers outfit. Office pants with a cute sweater.

She leaned into me and smiled.

"Have I mentioned how much I love your wardrobe change? Dont get me wrong I loved the business dresses too, but the suit? Im really glad my mom took Huxley today" she grins.

"Are you trying to seduce me Ms. Danvers?" I tease.

"Maybe" she responds cheekily.

"It's working" I whisper in her ear. "By the way I've always liked your Kara outfits too. They make you look cute and soft."

We get to hair and makeup and take our seats. My stylist explains that they will be braiding my hair today. I make light conversation when I hear someone walk up next to me.

"Well, I'll be damned. You havent changed one bit Kate" they drawl.

I do my best to turn to them without my stylist getting mad. When I see who it is I squeal.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I smile.

"Oh you know. Just thought that I would walk onto a film set. I work here now dumbass!" She teases.

"I see you havent changed either" I smirk.

"Um, who is this?" Melissa butts in.

"Oh Melissa! Sorry, I want you to meet Anna Marie Hunter. We worked together while I was filming Merlin" I explain.

"Nice to meet you Melissa" Anna Marie smiled.

I noticed Melissa's smile was tight and then I got a look.

"So, you two are together right?" Anna Marie asks.

"Well, uh" I stutter.

"I figured. You look like someone Kate would go after" Anna Marie smiled.

I am so fucked.

*****

Hey Raccoons! So sorry that its been forever for the update. Authors have lives and sometimes they suck. I highly recommend that in the meantime you read my story The CEO to get an idea of this character. Obviously a lot will be changed and none of this is real. Let me know what you think! Shout out to @cajunsniper700 for the plot suggestion!