Chapter 16: I beg your pardon?

Katie's POV

I was walking next to Melissa when I felt her hand brush against mine. I look over to her with a smile and hold her hand. We had decided to take Huxley to a little fair that had come to town. Though I shouldn't say little as it was actually quite big.

Melissa pushed Huxley's stroller with one hand while holding my hand with the other. There were colorful lights, music, and amazing smells. I watched as children ran amuck as their parents chased them.

"That'll be us one day. I can't wait for Huxley's first steps, but I also don't want to be chasing him around like that" Melissa chuckles.

"He's your son, darling. Of course he's going to be a little firecracker" I tease.

"Hey! I'm not always like that" she pouted. This make me laugh and we walk over toward a large building that has a sign that says 'art show.'

We walk inside to see paintings, sculptures, and even handmade things. We came across a picture of superheroes.

"What? No Supergirl?" Melissa gasped jokingly.

"Not everything revolves around you" a voice growled behind us. I spun around to see Chris.

"I beg your pardon?" I snap. Chris rolled his eyes at me. There was a woman beside that seemed bored of the whole situation.

"Of course they don't have Supergirl. She's just a side character. These are all of the main characters" Chris gestures to the picture.

"Must you go around spreading negativity?" I grunt. I see Huxley out of the corner of my eye watching us all.

Chris looks to the stroller and stares for a moment. For a brief moment I was worried that he might cause a scene about him. The woman next to him followed his gaze and scrunched her nose at Huxley.

"I was half expecting him to be in a rainbow outfit from how you described your ex" she sneers.

"I beg your fucking pardon?" Melissa finally speaks up. I look to Melissa and know that this will not go well if I dont calm her down.

"Why don't we leave these two to think about their life choices and we take Huxley to look at the other pictures?" I suggest.

Melissa is still glaring at the woman with Chris and I sigh. So much for a nice family outing.

Melissa's POV

I stared down at the woman in front of me. Who the hell does she think she is talking about my son like that? About Katie and I like that? I barely heard what Katie had said to me.

Chris stood there looking proud and I have never wanted to slap someone so bad. For a split second I almost fell sorry for him. What happened to him? He was so nice and caring when I first met him. Always goofing off on set and now?

"Let's go. This place is boring me" the woman rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, let's get out of here. I need a beer" Chris muttered.

Chris and the woman walk away and I'm still fuming. Katie grabs my hand again and I sigh. I look at Huxley in his stroller and see that he's still looking around. I feel my hand being tugged and I look at Katie.

"Don't let him get to you. Or who ever that woman is. Let's just enjoy the rest of the time we have here. Why don't we go to the area they had the animals? I think Huxley would really like it" Katie smiles.

I envy how well she can handle things, but I also appreciate how well she can calm me down. We continue on our way to the area she mentioned and Huxley waved his little hands around. I could see the excitement on his face when he saw the animals. Katie picked him out of the stroller and bends down so he can better see the animals.

As I watched them as Katie smiled and Huxley made excited noises. A goat made its way up to the gate where they were and Huxley went quiet.

His little eyes were wide with curiosity and his hand went to touch its head. The goat let out a noise and Huxley's hand retreated as he cried out.

Katie kissed his forehead and coaxed the goat closer. She gently placed Huxley's hand on the goats head and Huxley was quiet. I adored the scene I was watching and decided to take a picture.

After petting as many goats as Huxley could find we continued on our way. My mind was still thinking about our interaction with Chris when Katie bumped into me.

"What do you have going on in that pretty little head of yours?" She asked. We had stopped to look at some performers that were juggling in the walkway. Huxley was preoccupied so I sighed.

"I'm just thinking about Chris and that woman. What if Huxley asks to be with his dad one day and Chris says awful things about us?" I mumble.

I feel Katie's arm wrap around my waist and she kissed my temple.

"A bit has a right to know his father but I think he'll be able to tell right from wrong. Think about it, darling. Do you really think Huxley would believe anything his father says if he knows you better?" She says.

"I guess not but still" I bite my lip.

Katie's lips get closer to my ear and I feel her nibble it.

"Don't stress love. That's in the very far future and then you can think about it. When we get home I'll make sure that lip isn't the only thing to get bit" Katie husks. I feel a wave of arousal go through me.

Suddenly I'm ready to go home. Huxley is still awake when we get in the car and pray that he falls asleep when we get back. It apparently worked because he didn't last long before he crashed on the living room floor. We set pillows around him and a blanket so he could nap. Considering it was late, he had already eaten, and he didn't take a nap earlier, he may be asleep for the night.

Katie and I went to the room next to ours to get it ready. I wanted to see if Huxley would sleep on his own now. After setting up his crib Katie walked up behind me.

"Is there a reason you've been so quiet since we got home? Are you still worrying?" She says gently.

"No, I'm hoping Huxley will be asleep for the rest of the night because I'm still hot from earlier" I smile. My arms make their way around her neck and her hands slowly reach for my ass.

"Is that right? Guess I found a new soft spot" she grins.

We quickly but quietly put Huxley in his crib and shut the door. I leave a baby monitor on just in case and we go back to our room. As soon as our door was closed I could feel Katie behind me again.

"Now about that lip."