Chapter 14: The Old Friend

Katie's POV

I waited to see what Melissa would do. Anna Marie just kept smiling and gave me a wink. Bastard.

"So, what did you work on with Katie while you were on Merlin?" Melissa asks.

"Oh, I just provided stuff like the props and costumes" Anna Marie responded.

"Oh, interesting. Well, it's good to see you" Melissa smiles.

"You too Melissa. I'm glad that Kate finally found a good one" Anna Marie winks.

Once Melissa walks away to go do something I sigh.

"Seriously, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was called to redo the wardrobe and props for Supergirl. It's just for the last season. If I didn't know any better Katie I would think you didn't want me here" she says. I could see the teasing look she's giving me and I groan.

"I just know that sometimes you're not very subtle" I tease back.

"Are you saying you dont like my natural charm?" she fires back.

"Shut up you idiot" I laugh.

We continue to catch up on things in between filming. I could tell Melissa was unsure about Anna Marie. We were finished early since there was few scenes we could do and got ready to leave.

"Well, I'll see you two soon. I have to go do some paperwork now and settle into the new apartment" Anna Marie smiles.

"It was really nice to meet you Anna Marie" Melissa says.

"It was good to see you again. Try not to get carried away with your paperwork, ok?" I tease.

"What? You going to ground me for staying up too late? You know I don't look at the clock" she laughs. I roll my eyes and we say goodbye.

I notice that Melissa is quiet on the way home. Her mom still had Huxley and wouldn't drop him off until later. I reach over and put my hand on her thigh. I could see her from the corner of my eye as she glances at me with a questioning look. I don't say anything and continue home.

As soon as we're inside she makes to go to the bedroom. Melissa usually likes to shower when she gets home from filming to get comfortable. When I close the door I quickly follow her and grab at her sides.

"Katie?" she half chuckles. Her arms grab onto mine and I give her a sweet kiss.

"There's no munchkin with us" I whisper. I could see the understanding dawn over her face and her hold on me tightens.

"Youre right. We dont" she smiles.

I usher her to the bed and lay her down.

"Youre sure about this?" I ask insecurely. All of the confidence I had a second ago was suddenly gone.

"Absolutely" she husks.

*****
Melissa messaged her mom to bring by Huxley once we'd both showered. As much as I loved that little boy I would've liked more time with Melissa. Once I had him in my sights though I tossed the thought away. I reached for him as he leaned to be put in my arms.

"Hello, darling! Did you have a nice time with your grandma?" I smile.

Huxley waved his arms and smiles back at me. Melissa then reached for him and holds him in a tight hug.

"Thank you for taking care of him mom" Melissa says.

"I enjoyed spending time with my grandson. So did your father but he was fixing the sink when we left. It started to leak this morning" Julie responded.

After chatting for a little while longer Melissa's mom left and we went back into the house. I set down a blanket on the floor with several of Huxley's toys so that he could play. His walking was starting to get better. I tried to keep an eye on him so he wouldn't run into anything.

I remember when he took his first steps and Melissa nearly had a panic attack trying got to find her phone to take a video.

"He's growing up too fast for me" Melissa says behind me. She sat down on the couch and lightly rubbed my shoulders as I sat on the ground.

"Well, we have to just enjoy it while it lasts. Not like we can stop him" I sigh.

We watch Huxley play for a while longer before we notice he's getting tired. Melissa takes him to the room for a nap and I stay in the living room.

"So, this Anna Marie Hunter. She said that she provides props and wardrobe?" Melissa asks nonchalantly.

"Yeah. She owns a company that makes them. Are you jealous there honey?" I smile.

"No, I'm just curious. I've never heard of her until now. She seems nice though. Has a certain flair to her" Melissa shrugs.

"Yeah, she can be a joker, but she's a good friend. She also happens to have a crush on someone who isn't me" I say.

"I'm not jealous!" Melissa huffs. I know she's not really mad because I can see a hint of a smile.

"I'm just telling you about her. She has an assistant that she was telling me about the last time I saw her. I cant remember the assistants name but I'm sure you'll meet her. Anna Marie never goes anywhere without her unless necessary" I say.

"Then we'll figure out her name" Melissa nods.

"I'm kind of tired myself. Do you want to take a nap?" I ask.

"After earlier? Hell yes" she laughs.

As we head to bed a thought hits me.

"When do you want to tell our parents about this?" I ask quietly.

"Well, I'm pretty sure my mom already knows. So we'll just have to tell my dad. I dont mind you telling your parents" Melissa responds.

"And what is it that we're telling them this is?" I ask again.

Melissa doesn't respond for a while. She shifts in the bed to face me completely and smiles.

"Should we call you my Non-Baby daddy?" She smirks.

"Please don't ever call me that in front of your parents" I laugh.

"Then I'd like to call you my girlfriend" she says.

I look into her eyes and smile back. We hadn't even gone on a date yet, but she wanted this. I was so glad that it wasn't just me now.

"I'd like that" I whisper between us.

I finally had the girl of my dreams and she wanted me too. I thought about all that has happened in the last year. I went from trying to accept that the girl I liked was married, to calling her my own. In the process I ask for a sweet baby boy that I've grown close to. Helping raise Huxley was something I wasn't expecting but definitely needed.

I closed my eyes and planned out my week. With Anna Marie here things were bound to get interesting. Maybe I would  be able to help her in her situation. It would be a little difficult since it was her assistant not simply her coworker though. It wasn't necessarily impossible to do. I knew when we woke up I would talk to Melissa about it.

Now that everything for me was starting to fall into place it was time for me to pass it along. I would help my old friend and maybe it will help me too get closer Melissa. Working together to set up two people might be fun.

*****

Hey Raccoons! Geez it's been a long time. Happy Nee Years by the way! Hope al of you are doing well. Updates are going. To be very slow for this story unfortunately. I have very little free time right now and it's hard to write. Bear with me! Keep giving your suggestions and comments! They definitely help. Til next chapter!