Nine

The is a belated B' Day party of my soul sister __Nupur__ I'm giving you two updates back to back.
Please find updated #1 below.

......

Fall

Summary: He wouldn't live with a trophy of her broken pieces

◇◇◇,

"Now that you are back," Rani sahiba tells beaming as Randheer touches her feet.
"Everything will be twice as happier." She pats his cheek affectionately.
"I've always known you were right beta. You couldn't possibly do something wrong."

"Amrit kahaan hai?" Veer demands, barging into the living area looking rather dishevelled.

He is slightly breathless as if he had roamed the entire haveli before arriving and there is real worry in his eyes. Uday and Vashma rises at once, exchanging worried glances. Randheer too rises - scowling at him.

"Na toh yeh haveli itni badi hai na Bahu Rani itni choti - you couldn't possibly have lost her somewhere - kuwar sahab?" He asks mockingly.

Rani sahiba bites her lip, displeased.

"Aadi aadi raat ko kaha jaayengi woh Veer? She must be around here somewhere. Aap teek se -"

"I wouldn't have asked you without looking properly Ma sahab," Veer bites back annoyedly. "Did any of you see her -" then seeing Randheer opening his mouth again he adds.

"Leave it. Humare patni hai. Hum kudh hi dund lenge."

Randheer follows on his wake and sizes hold of his shoulder the moment they are out of earshot.

"Veer Pratap Singh what do you think you are doing?"

Veer turns, an eyebrow cocked. Despite the worry etching into his face, his jaw clenches.

"Amrit maybe innocent," Randheer continues. "She may not see it. But I see you for what you are. And I warn you know. Listen well, you will not win. If you know what's best for you you will stay away from her."

"I don't remember giving you leave to touch me Raizada," Veer shrugs off his grip. "And I don't think I ever really cared about what's best for me. I'll tell you some other day where you can shove that advice of yours. I'm kind of busy at the moment."

"What are you trying to show - tu Amrit ki bohut qareeb aagaya hai? And you think I'd believe that? Just because you stage a few encounters I will think any less of her? That I will start doubting her? You think if you keep her occupied all the time we will grow distanced -? You think it's so easy to -"

Veer holds out a hand, something about the hard lines of his face makes Randheer stop short, it annoys him the next moment how unconsciously he had complied with this good for nothing noble's commands.