Chapter 20

Rhys

"This is so boring." Ambrose mumbled from over in his seat and I nodded in agreement, yawning as I signed off the rest of the papers, passing it over to him to scan.

Kiana and Kauai weren't at work today, so we had to do all the boring shit, like scanning our own papers which honestly was so freaking boring that I wanted to either fall asleep, or leave.

"I don't know how they don't quit, this shit fucking sucks."

"You sound privileged." I told him dryly, which he was, so was I because even if I didn't admit it was boring aloud i'd been thinking about it for the past hour repeatedly and our thoughts were both probably, we could get someone else to do this shit.

"Shut up."

"Im leaving." I say, just about to get up and leave the office but he groaned loudly like a fucking kid who knew they made a mistake. "No its worse alone, just sit."

"Fuck you and the papers man."

He gasped and I almost grabbed the damn stapler to throw it at his head.

We were best friends our entire lives but boring paper work that I didn't have to do was where I mostly definitely drew the fucking line.

But before I did so, a voice interrupted us. "I brought food!" Calli's voice boomed around the office as she walked in and we looked to her just as the door slammed closed behind her.

I blinked at the sudden interruption, just her fucking voice made me feel a little lighter and I looked back over to the woman and away from the door, her eyes strayed from her brother ahead and over to me.

A pretty grin on her face turning into that small sweet smile and I blinked at her, her full lips and her cute dresses and her dimples and her accent and those bracelets she'd always use- fuck.

I looked away and continued with the work at hand even if it annoyed the hell out of me, because it seemed like everything annoyed me right now.

I took a deep breath that didn't help and continued.

I'd met Calliope months ago, and I thought she was odd.

Not in some way that was necessarily bad, but instead in an unconventional way.

She was confusing too.

She was extremely nice, practically an angel put down onto the universe, or maybe she was something along the lines of a piece of the sun itself walking around on Earth, but she didn't seem like she was much of a shy little pushover either.

Even when she'd complimented my eyes I wasn't too shocked, a lot of people took notice of it, but she'd said it so casually that i'd almost found it amusing because to her I was a mere stranger at the time and the first words that'd left her mouth when we spoke was a compliment, and not too long later I realized she did actually get a little bashful, she wasn't always bold, maybe thats just with me but I noticed the way her cheeks flared a pinkish color often but for some reason she could still be blunt on the odd day without so much as flinching.

But every time I complimented Calliope back, I meant it.

I really did like her accent.

It suited her somehow yet she wasn't all that proper all the time, not even half the time, she seemed a little chaotic in the best way possible and surprising too and to be honest, I found her accent unbearably fucking sexy.

I think i'd just be able to sit and listen to her speak for hours, I had a little twinge erupt in my chest that she was easing up to me and speaking more to me, so I could revel in her voice whenever she did.