Chapter 54

As soon as we're parked in the driveway of his house Jesse gets out the car and leaves us behind, storming off and away to the front door and then upstairs to his bedroom without a single word, thankfully Kiana is here and trails closely behind him, and me?

I go straight to the alcohol cabinet.

I know I can't talk to him yet, not that he would even speak to me too but mostly because he wouldn't listen, so instead I plan on getting an entire bottle of wine, readying myself to drown in it as I open the cap and take a swig right from the bottle itself.

But then a knock comes from the door and I walk to it with the loudest groan humanly possible, opening the door and as soon as I see Rhys I sigh.

"I really, really, don't like your brother." I tell him in reference to Hugo freaking whatever his middle name is Blackburn but Rhys doesn't say anything about it.

He walks in past me and takes the bottle from my hands before he brings it to his lips and tips his head back, drinking just as much as I did the first sip and I take it when he passes it back to me.

Yeah, we both most definitely needed to get drunk.

Merry fucking Christmas to us, I guess.

"He said it in the worst way possible too." I mumble and Rhys nods as he licks over his lips, running his hands through his hair, cracking his knuckles seconds after and I know from that little tick he was probably actually stressed by this.

"Where's Kiana?" He asks and I lean on the counter beside him, our arms brushing over.

"Upstairs talking to him."

"Was he angry?"

"Very, he didn't even talk to me in the car, he completely ignored me." I admit and he runs his tongue over his bottom lip thoughtfully as he leans back on the counter, he shrugs before he looks to me beside him.

"Maybe this is a good thing."

I stare at him, wondering if he was making a stupid joke, but, "How is this a good thing?"

"Because he finally knows."

"I could've told him without Hugo saying you fuck me Rhys, he made it sound like I'm your little personal whore, not your girlfriend." I mumble, already feeling the effects of the alcohol hit my system.

He pulls me closer by my elbow before he kisses behind my ear. I look to him, my frown twitching into a smile because I liked his little kisses there.

And he hums, "Better, stop being angry."

"Im angry at him."

"He was a dick but it doesn't matter, it happened and its over."

He was right. I could be as angry as I wanted but it wouldn't change what has already happened.

I nod, moving closer to Rhys and putting the bottle to the counter behind us, "You think we should go check on him upstairs?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest and he shakes his head, "They're probably fucking."

My eyes widen.

"Rhys!" I hiss, pushing his arm and he only rolls his eyes, "Lack of filter, sorry."