𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

Dream placed the mirror on the couch in the living room, making sure to do so gently. He headed to the kitchen, since he had neglected to have any breakfast this morning and was running purely on the coffee that he had gotten at work. As one could expect, he was rather hungry. He had started making a simple meal when he paused, no longer making any noise. Had he just heard someone call his name, yet again?

At this point, he was convinced that someone was messing with him. He turned the knob that controlled the flame on the stove to off, and walked to the living room. He glanced around, before saying in a soft tone, "Techno... If this is you, and you are trying to be funny... It's not working."

No voice met his own, so he wordlessly returned to the kitchen, shaking his head as he resumed cooking. Within a couple of minutes his food was done. Dream slid it onto his plate and went to the living room to watch tv. Once he sat down, he glanced at the mirror that lay on the the other couch. he could see himself reflected in it. He did not mean to speak, but his thoughts decided to verbalize themselves, "I gotta hang this somewhere... once im done eating."

A couple hours later, Dream decided it was time for bed. He had neglected to hang the mirror after eating, and came to the conclusion that as long as he did so before falling asleep, he would be fine. It wasn't like there would be repercussions to not hanging it any sooner, after all. He had gotten tremendously tired by this point, so he hung the mirror up in his bedroom. It wasn't perfectly done, but honestly, it was not a huge deal. It's not like anybody would be seeing it beside himself. Once he had finished with the mirror, he yawned, and decided to get his clothing ready for the next day. He promptly laid down afterwards, and nearly instantly fell asleep.

6:08am

• • •

"Dream~ ..."

• • •

"Wake up Dream..."

• • •

"Hm...?" Dream shifted in his bed, he cautiously opened his eyes and picked up his phone. He intended to check the time, turning his phone on with a squeeze. He winced at the brightness, allowing a moment for his eyes to adjust, "6 a.m.? Why on earth...?" He blinked a few times, he felt that the depicted time must be the blurriness of his vision, not the actual reading. After some vigorous blinking, and rubbing of his eyes, he came to the conclusion that it was indeed 6 a.m., and that he was not blind. Why he had woken up out of nowhere escaped him, however Dream decided to go back to sleep, given that he had two more hours to get more sleep. He rolled over, towards the mirror, glancing at it briefly before closing his eyes. Moments later, his eyes shot open, as he tried to understand what he had thought he saw. Instead of seeing a simple dark room reflected by the mirror, completely devoid of detail, he could make out a shadowy figure, standing upright.

"What-? How-?" he blinked rapidly, to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. It became increasingly obvious that there was something in the mirror. Which was becoming increasingly worrying, considering it was not only nearly pitch black in the room, due to the severe lack of light. He had turned off the lights the night before, and he had no windows or other natural light sources. He tentatively sat up. After managing this, Dream suddenly snatched his phone, trying to turn on the flashlight with hasty taps.

Dream managed to turn the flashlight on, illuminating the wall directly across from him. It could've taken less than a second for him to point it at the mirror, however considering his anxieties, it took him more than 30. When the light finally fell upon the mirror, it was perplexing, to say the least. For the first few moments of him studying what he saw in the mirror, he could not understand what he was seeing. With squinted eyes, he inspected it. He then widened his eyes, realizing with a jolt of bafflement that he was seeing a mushroom.

It was quite obviously the top of a mushroom. Dream got out of bed, walking to turn on the lights. He turned to look back in the mirror "What the hell...? What is this?" He uttered the words as he was trying to figure out why there was a giant flat mushroom covering the entirety of the mirror. Not even a moment later, it shifted without warning. The shift revealed a masculine person, with what appears to be dark brown eyes, and  brown hair that was short in length.

"WHAT THE HELL-?!" Dream half shouted, half yelped. He fell to the floor. There was somehow a human in the mirror.

A real human, with an absolutely stupid massive red mushroom hat that had white spots, and cloaked in a red cape, that ALSO had white spots.

Dream scrambled to get up, and looked in the mirror for what felt like the first time, "Who ARE you?! No- WHAT are you?!" His head felt like it was spinning, as he questioned everything. Oddly enough, the boy just stared at Dream, his gaze piercing, with no discernable emotion to it.

After a stretch of silence that could kill, the mirror-person spoke, "You... don't know who I am?"

....

"No...? Am I supposed to know? You literally just APPEARED in my MIRROR, which should not even be possible!" Dream was rightfully freaking out, and he was somewhat scared, as well. It just simply wasn't a everyday thing to see a random stranger just popping into existence, in a mirror no less.

"Dream." The boy looked down at Dream, and Dream looked away, to not have to meet his gaze. He realized the boy was wearing a blue shirt, with a white box outlined in red imprinted on the front.

"How do you even know my name?" Dream asked, tilting his head, as he looked up once more at the boy. His gaze and tone was accusatory.

"I uhm... I heard it. Your friends called you Dream, so I assumed it was your name..." It was now the boy's turn to look away.

"Wait- So you were in that mirror before I got you here?! Was it you who was calling my name??" Dream stood up, as the mushroom-hatted person looked back at him.

"Yes! It was me, I'm George" The self-proclaimed George smiled a soft, perhaps nervous smile at Dream.

'George' that was quite a beautiful name, is it not? Dream was momentarily distracted by the lovely ring it had, before remembering his myriad of questions. The wonder of why someone in a mirror would have such an exquisite name would have to wait.

"How are you in a mirror?" Dream squinted, this was probably the biggest conundrum.

"I don't know... I just woke up here" George seemed as if he had just sat down, but his face was still perfectly visible.

"Just like that? You just appeared in a mirror? didn't you have a life before that? Why are you wearing all of that? How old even are you?" Dream asked, his voice verging on being incredulous, along with some hints of iciness. Although, he overall seemed to be feeling disoriented.

"You're asking so many questions!" George giggled, ignoring the various different signals Dream was giving off.

"Oh- Sorry, I'm just- Shocked," Dream felt oddly embarrassed, which was, for the most part, uncalled for.

"How about you get dressed first? Then we can talk" George's eyes glittered, as he hid his smile beneath a hand.

Dream's eyes widened, as he realized he was wearing only his Pajama shorts and not his normal clothing. "Right-" He ducked his head, quickly picking up his clothes and getting dressed. He checked the time to make sure he wasn't late for work, taking only a moment to register it before shoving his phone in his pocket. He had an hour and couple minutes to kill, so he plopped down in front of the mirror and started going down his list of questions to ask George.