𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12

Dream woke woke up later than usual today, it was his off-day and he was so excited about it, cause he could finally spend the whole day with George with no distractions whatsoever!

George was still sleeping tho, so Dream just went thru his daily morning routine, he got up, took a quick shower, put on his casual clothes and ate breakfast, but those things didn't took much time and brunet didn't seem like he would wake up anytime soon, and since Dream had nothing else to do so he just laid back on his bed and waited.

Then he got impatient and decided to wake George up.

He jumped off his bed and stood in front of the mirror, "Oh George~... Wake up George! wake up mushroom boy!" as Dream finished his sentence a mushroom hat appeared on very bottom of the mirror and it raised slowly, showing the newly woken up brunet, he yawned and rubbed his eyes, "Did you just call me a mushroom boy?" he spoke lazily as he was still not fully awake just yet, in response Dream smiled "Yes! you are a mushroom boy!" George raised an eyebrow but still laughed, "You're an idiot." now it was Dreams time to laugh, "Why?!"

They were both laughing and enjoying each others company, but all this didn't last long, suddenly, Dreams phone lit up and buzzed, both of the boys stopped laughing and shifted their attention to the phone, Blond stood up to check who was texting him, and as soon as he saw who it was, his face became serious and he sighed, "I totally forgot about this.." he breathed out as he started typing to reply to the person, then he just put the phone in his pocked and turned back to George who was giving Dream a 'What's up?' look.

"It's.. an old friend of mine, no big deal, c'mon let's go to the living room now" Dream grabbed the mirror as soon as he was done speaking and headed out of his room, not giving brunet any time to speak.

He settled on the couch and turned on the TV just for the background sound, then he looked at George and smiled, brunet gave him a confused look, "What? what's funny?" and this made Dream smile even more, everything George did was giving Dream butterflies.

His smile, the way he talks, the way he looks at blond, his adorable short giggles, his beautiful brown eyes, these things were the reason Dream was smiling like an idiot all the time, he just wanted to hold his face gently, and tell him how Gorgeous and amazing he was, but thanks to this damn mirror that was impossible.

"Nothing, nothing" Dream shook his head and looked away, this made brunet roll his eyes "Whatever, Who texted you anyway?" curiosity got the best of George and he couldn't help but ask, oh well, he is a curious boy, always was.

This question changed the whole mood in the room, Dream hesitated before answering, "A friend, i told you that already" he awkwardly laughed, more like breathed out, this didn't convince George at all, "Something is fishy here, why would you be upset about a friend texting you?" he crossed his arms, he knew Dream very well, even if this is a different Dream, they have some stuff in common, for example,,, They're both horrible at hiding their feelings when they're upset.

Dream just sighed and buried his face in his hands, "It's uh, my ex" he spoke without lifting his head, there was a long pause before George spoke, "...What did they need?" he was concerned, why was Dreams ex texting him?

"ugh, he wants me to give him another chance, i totally forgot that i agreed to it, he showed up at the concert and begged me to go on a date with him, he's trying to convince me that he changed" Dream poured everything to George who was listening very carefully, "Why did you agreed to it?" brunet spoke in a serious, almost mad tone, if Dream didn't even want to text the guy, why did he agreed to go on a date with him? why?

"He said that if i gave him this last chance, he would finally leave me alone, it's to finally get rid of him" Dream finally lifted his head and leaned back on the couch, "Oh... well okay then, but what did he do that made you break up with him? if it's not too personal of course." George removed his huge mushroom hat from his head and kept it in front of his chest as he seemingly sat down, "He used to be emotionally manipulative, and that wasn't so good for my mental health, and he would always but ALWAYS get jealous when i went out with Sapnap or any other person, Fundy would just show up everywhere i went! and when i argued with him about it, he would start crying! he would start having a panic attack.. i couldn't bare seeing him like that.. same thing would happen when i tried breaking up with him, it was just a huge mess." Georges eyes widened as soon as he heard the name 'Fundy', his ex is Fundy? this gave George flashbacks of how he crashed Dreams and Fundys wedding,,, 'I wonder.. if i haven't crashed that wedding there, would they still be together here?' Brunet thought to himself.

"I still managed to break up with him and change all my contacts so he wouldn't be able to reach out to me, but he still somehow figured i'd go to that concert and i had no idea about it, so i couldn't really avoid it." Dream huffed and rested his chin on his hand, before any of them could say anything else, Dreams phone buzzed again, he sighed and picked it up.

It was Fundy again, he sent him address and time of the date, Dream replied with a simple 'Ok." and tossed his phone on the couch, "Ah well, i told you my story, it would be only fair if you told me yours now" Dream quickly changed his mood and smiled, George mentioned before that he liked someone, and since Dream told him about his ex and what happened between them, it was Georges turn now.

"I guess you're right. I'll tell you about the man i used to love...." Dream got comfortable on the couch and got ready to hear Georges story, "We actually used to be best friends, we'd hang out literally every day! he was stupidly funny and annoying." this made Dream laugh, "Shut up, i'm not done yet." George rolled his eyes, "Sure he was funny and nice, and damn handsome, but he also started to get power hungry. And that changed him a lot, he became the villain of the story" George huffed and shrugged, "After doing many awful things he finally ended up in prison, i still loved him no matter what he did, and i tried visiting him in prison couple times but he stated that he didn't want to see me, so i gave up on that, i met XD around that time actually, and things went down really badly." Brunet put his mushroom hat back on and crossed his arms, "Oh i remember that part, that's when uh- XD started taking his form more often and stuff right?" George nodded, "Yeahh, but he did me a favor. He would do anything i asked most of the time, so i told him to let me in prison to talk to Dr-- uh, Talk to him. He didn't like the idea, but i still convinced him. I'll never forget the sight i saw there, he was wearing ripped clothes and was sitting on a dirty floor, staring at a watch. I told him that i could help him escape, but he got mad at me for showing up there, that's where i finally confessed, but he said these exact same words, 'Well too bad. i don't love you, i don't need your help. Get out of here George, or i'll kill you.'... so i did as he said." George had tears in his eyes and he was trying to hide it, but it was no use, Dream could see it very clearly, and it made his heart shatter, "George.. please don't cry.. i can't stand seeing you like that, please, you don't need him." Dream quickly crawled closer to the mirror, putting his forehead on it.

This was so hard for Dream, he didn't mean to make George cry, and he couldn't even hug him to comfort him because of this stupid glass between them, he almost started crying too, then George lifted his head and looked Dream dead in the eyes.

"It was you."