twelve

⚠️ TW: ABUSE⚠️

We all waited outside of the infirmary as Madam Pomfrey stayed with River. Pansy, Blaise, Milo, and Emerson met us there once Colin Creevey caught a snapshot of Draco carrying River into the castle....word spreads fast.

Draco paced the floor while we waited on results.

"Draco, sit for awhile" I sighed

"That's easy for you to say" he scoffed

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I think we should go grab something to eat" Pansy stood up awkwardly, waving for the rest of them to follow.

"River wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for you!" He spat

"So you're blaming me for Harry Cursing River?" I fumed

"Why didn't you just..." He drew in a deep breath.

"Why didn't you just listen and come back with me?" He sighed

I didn't want him to know I had felt left out of the group...it sounded sappy and childish. I couldn't tell him why I was afraid to be alone, especially at night...like I said, I'm not a child.

"I wanted to stay" I replied

"That's all you have to say?" He scoffed

"I think what you mean is 'I wanted to stay because any chance I can get Potter to shag me I will-"

I cut him off as my hand skimmed across his left cheek before I could stop myself.

"I'm tired of you treating me like shit!" I shoved him

"..you want to know why I stayed?...Because I actually felt like someone around them. They treated me as a person instead of a burden! I will always be seventh to Pansy, Blaise, Milo, River, Emerson, and even you. I'm sick of it"

His nostrils flared as a Scarlett handprint took shape on his cheek.

"I'm leaving hogwarts.." My eyes began to sting as I clenched my fists

"What?" His mouth parted slightly

"I'm not trying to be selfish right now...this isn't about me, it's about River. After she's well, we'll talk more" I sat back down in silence.

Draco turned and sat down as well...without a word.

***
Later that evening:

"Have you heard anything?" Hermione and Ron returned with some snacks

No one answered, they just glared at them.

"Not yet" I smiled weakly

"She'll be okay..." Hermione placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Enough of the bullshit, what happened to her" Draco spat

Hermione glanced to Ron

"I guess it started a few months back...around the start of school" Ron began

"We noticed Harry was acting strange" hermione added

"He was fascinated with Estella...it got to the point I was afraid for her safety...he told us he seen you studying in the library and spoke to you. We later found out it was actually more than that" Ron looked to me.

"He began finding things out...connecting the dots if you will. He found out you're planning to leave Hogwarts but couldn't find out why..." Ron looked around to make sure no one else was listening.

"Once we confronted him he said Dumbledore and Sirius sent him on a task...he never said what, or why."

"Dumbledore?" I asked