fifteen

Present time: Estella's POV
.
.
.
.
.
.
After Draco woke up, we weren't sure what to make up of the dreams.

"This can't be real..." I finally spoke

"How is it possible we don't remember a single thing?" Draco sighed

"I'm curious as to why you two are having dreams but the rest of us aren't" Emerson thought out loud.

Many questions ran through everyone's minds, we weren't even sure if the dreams were real.

"We should get ready, breakfast is about to start" Pansy yawned

We've been here all night apparently.

We all spilt up and got dressed for school, meeting back at the great hall for breakfast.

***
One week later:

It was strange without River here, Everything else was strange as well. Nothing felt real anymore. I could sense the others felt the same. Not many conversations have been exchanged since the night we observed Draco and I's dreams. I think we're afraid to continue them. It's almost like a movie you can't predict the ending to...so you're too scared to finish it.

"I plan to go see River today...would you guys like to join me?" I broke the tension as we ate lunch.

"Draco, Milo, and I have practice." Blaise said bluntly

"I'm tutoring Em after school.." Pansy smiled weakly

"Oh...I'll let you guys know how she is" I nodded

"Thanks" Milo sighed

Everyone has avoided going to see her, not that they don't wish to be by her side...but it's kinda hard to
see her like that.

The rest of the day dragged on, small talk between us  here and there.

After class I went straight to the infirmary.

"Can I help you?" One of the nurses opened the infirmary doors

"I'm here to see River Malfoy"

"Just a second, dear" she smiled and closed the door gently.

I waited for a few moments

"Okay follow me" the nurse peaked out

We walked passed a few empty beds until we reached a door at the end of the stretch. She twisted the knob and we walked in. River laid sleeping on the small hospital bed.

"I'll give you two some privacy" she smiled, shutting the door behind her.

"River can you hear me?"

No answer.

"You look much better today than you did a few days ago" I sighed

No response.

I noticed her hand twitch, her eyes shifted behind the lids.

I slid my hand into hers.

"What the?" I felt something poke my palm

I gently pulled her fingers to open her hand. A small piece of parchment, crumbled up. I glanced around the room and slowly unraveled it.

"Don't be sad, Trust me i'm okay. Anyone can see i'll be better soon. They told me i'll get out in a few days. Are you all okay? you might not believe me but i'm not Lying. They're so kind here. The nurses are great. the Ones who work at night are my favorite. We Should be able to hang out soon, i miss you guys. Fear not, i'll be well soon.