twenty

"draco?" i shouted

i ran after him down the dark hall, calling for him. what happened? did he see something, again?

i finally stumbled passed a door as the sound of him vomiting echoed from it.

i knocked on the door

"are you alright?"

after he didn't reply, i turned the knob and walked in, unannounced.

he sat on the floor, with his back against the wall. i walked over and sat beside him.

we sat in silence for a few moments.

"do you want to talk about it?"

"no" he snapped

"i'm here to listen, there's not much else to do" i laughed

he stood up and walked out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

"okay..." i brought my knees to my chest and sighed

***

the next few days were...silent.

i would wake up and try to start conversation but it never worked.

even at dinner, he would set on the opposite end and drag his fork on his plate. i don't think he's actually ate since that night.

i walked to the library, i was tired of being here...i needed to find answers.

i sat in the library reading...book after book.

i noticed a book at the top of the shelf, it was like any ordinary book...but it seemed almost familiar.

"the time keeper" i ran my finger over the cover.

i went to open the book and a small piece of parchment slowly fell to the ground. i bent down and picked it up.

"11:21:93

if i am correct...i knew you would chose this book first. i hope you are well, i know it will seems ludicrous finding these letters in such obscure places but, these are only places i could think you would go to without someone else finding them first.

you need to find a way out. i will not sugar coat it, it might save your life.

they won't come back for you. you are not safe. you are both in danger and need to work together to find a way out. it's not easy but i've left you clues. i can come right out and say, if someone were to find these letters...well, it wouldn't have a very good ending.

find draco. make him listen, he is stubborn as can be...but so are you!

i wish you well,

E.A"

"E.A?" it didn't sound familiar, was it part of a clue or was it someone's name?

"i need to talk to you" the library door creaked open

i slammed the book, stuffing the note in my pocket.

"yes?" i breathed

"do you know how much you mean to me?" he said as if he was asking genuinely

i nodded

"you haven't the slightest bit" he muttered under his breath, stuffing his hands into his pockets