| Four | The Strongest Ally

Giving out a silent yawn, I make sure my attention is at Hinata as he stares at the court with sparkling eyes to get me to smile. 

His dream is finally going to come true, I know it for sure. 

Finding Hinata continue to miss receiving the ball gets me to sigh. 

He still sucks at receiving, huh?

"Hey! Don't just stop! Where did your serve-receiving reflexes from yesterday go?! Concentrate!!" Kageyama's shout gets me to swing my head up full awake hitting Fudo in the chin.

" Sorry." I whisper turning behind me as he silently curse holding his chin.

He raises his hand telling me it's ok before I look to the gym to find Tanaka giving out a speech,"Hey, you guys! Let me tell you something...Daichi-san is usually kind, but he gets scary when he's mad. Really scary. If he finds out about our morning practice, it would be bad. For me as well...it's not like I'm scared of anything, not at all, definitely not. Well, what I'm trying to say is this morning session will be our little secret, as well as the nighttime session."

" Hey! You're practicing now, aren't you?" someone shouts from the gym door getting me to lean forward as Fudo places his chin back on my head.

There, Suga enters the gym," Yo."

" Suga-san!? How come...!" Tanka starts as I'm the same in shock at the newcomer.

" Because you were obviously acting weird yesterday. Even though you're late almost everyday, you asked for the keys." Suga points out while laughing," Don't worry, I didn't tell Daichi. Somehow, it's like secret training. It's exciting!"

This gets me to sigh in relief as I'm glad Hinata isn't going to get in trouble. Leaning back, I rest on Fudo's strong chest as I watch them continue practicing. Kageyama starts setting for Tanaka who spikes the ball down to the other court as Suga and Hinata practice receiving. My body urges itself to move, to do the same as them, play volleyball. Fudo notices my plead getting him to let go of my waist to stand. When he fully stands up, he reaches his hand out to me which I gladly grab getting him to pull me up from the floor. He jumps out of the window first with me following. Looking down, I see him stretching his hands telling me to jump into arms.

This makes me sigh," Fudo, remember the last time we did this? You dropped me instantly we made contact. And to make it worse, you dropped me down to the cliff which took us forever to find me."

He flinches form the reminder before clearing his throat," That was only because...you jumped off a tree. This time it's a building so it has to be different."

I raise an eyebrow,"Really? If I remember correctly, this height is taller than the last one so it doesn't really make a difference since I bet you'll drop me again."

He gasps dramatically holding his chest," Nozomi, do you not trust me?!"

" That's exactly what I'm saying." I reply crossing my arms.

" Come on, I'll catch you. Just give me one more chance!" He pleads getting me to sigh.

" Fine. This is the last time, you got it, Fudo?" I give in while pointing my finger sternly at him getting him to brighten up and nod.

Taking a deep breathe, I place both my hands on the side of the window frame as my legs steady itself on the bottom frame. Giving him a look, he nods telling me to jump. And I do. Pushing myself off the window, I start falling as he stretches his hand out but he wasn't looking at me as he was looking to a nearby cat which got his attention to start chasing it. Idiot! My eyes widen as I get closer and closer to the floor. Ready for the impact of the hard concrete ground, I shut my eyes close tightly. But instead, I get into a strong soft chest with arms wrapped around me. Opening my eyes to look up, I find familiar green eyes staring at me.