King of the Court

A player is not a soloist. But a member of an orchestra. Once he thinks that alone he is 'someone special' everything is over for him.

-Couch Bernardo Rezende

Receives. Tosses. Spikes. 'It's best that I do them all myself' is what he thinks. He can receive the serve, he can toss the ball, and he can hit it. All he cares about is to move faster. Jump higher. Faster. Higher. And that's when he tossed the ball behind him, to only have no one there. That's the dignified, strict and strong King of the Court. My eyes watch with no interest as he stands on the court by himself. Frustrated. Sympathy can be something I can give him. But does he deserve it? He believes that he's the only one fighting. But is he? I sigh as I still can't believe Hinata lost to him. Then something catches my eyes making me smirk. What will you do now, Kageyama?

~~~~~

A yawn escapes me as I start heading towards the gym. It's been tiring lately since I keep waking up so early to watch the boys practice. As I head to the opposite door across the gym, I fin two boys walking away. But there did grab my attention. There was a boy 188 cm tall as he had blonde hair as the other wasn't as tall but quite as he has freckles. These boys. They must be the other first year joining the volleyball team. After predicting who they were, I just avert my attention away from them to the open gym door. When I step once inside the gym, eyes were already turn towards me.

Daisha starts jogging up to me," Um. Is there something you need?"

My eyes turn towards him as I smile,"Yes, I would..."

~~~~~

Walking down the hallway, I give a sigh as I finished my mission. It was more complicated than I thought it would be. Closing my eyes, I head down the hallway to only bump into someone making me fall back.

" Ouch." I say before opening my eyes and look at the person I just bump into," Sorry about that. I wasn't looking."

" It's fine. But I do suggest that you keep your eyes open while walking." The tall blonde hair boy I saw before suggests.

" I'm very sorry." I apologize with a small chuckle as the freckle boy helps me up getting me to smile," Thank you."

The two boys just stare at me getting me to tilt my head.

" Is something on my face?" I ask which made them break there stare.

" No. Sorry about that." Both of them reply.

I giggle," Well, I'm really sorry about this. My name is Nozomi Asuka, I'm a 1st year from Class 2."

" 1st year, Class 4, Tsukishima Kei." The blond replies.

" Yamaguchi Tadashi. 1st year. Class 4!" The freckle boy boys his head almost panicking.

" Well, I better go now. It's nice to meet you two, Tsukishima-kun, Yamaguchi-kun. I'll see you soon!" I walk past them while waving behind me.

" See you soon?" Yamaguchi asks getting me to smirk but don't answer as I continue to walk away.

~~Next Day (Saturday)~~

So the time has come for the game, huh? But too bad I can't go. It seems like Yasushi already knows that I wanted to go. Sighing desperately, I try to snuggle in my seat to escape from the ropes. I still can't believe he'll do this to me. Giving out another sigh, I get reminded of the event that happened 15 minutes ago.

A soft melody hums out of me as I skip down the stairs. Today's the day the game will be starting! I can't wait to watch it! I squeal excitedly as I start heading to the kitchen. When I enter, I find Yasushi sitting on one of the stools as he slowly turns towards me with an evil aura behind him.

" Nozomi, where are you going to at this early in the morning of a Saturday?" He asks as I start to panic.

" Well," I start," I wanted to go out for a jog. It seems like I've been getting a bit fatter since I haven't been doing any sports or exercising!"

" Uh huh. Is that so. Well," he stands up before looking at me deadly," your plans are going to be canceled as I want you to stay in the house the whole morning and noon."

I start backing away as he suddenly magically takes out a rope and starts stretching it. Oh no.

And that's what happened. My head hangs down as I look at my lap with no emotion. And I really wanted to see the game. No. I will see the game. Looking up with determination, I look around my room and quietly move the chair to my desk and turn around. Using my sense of touch, I open the drawer and bring out a paper cutter. Cutting the rope, I rub my sore wrists before I open the window and jump out of it. Looking around for Tasushi or anyone, I then start running away as I find no one. I am definitely going to watch the game.

~~~~~

Thank god I arrived exactly on time. Panting, I jump up and start pulling myself into the open window. When I enter, my pant is gone as I start watching what is going on.

" Alright, then, let's get started!" Daichi shouts as he stays stepping towards Tsukishima and Yamaguchi," I'll be joining Tsukishima's group, so--"

" Ehhh? You are, Captain?!" Hinata yells in worry and panic.

" Ha Ha Ha! It's fine. As far as offensive goes, Tanaka's much better than me!" Fairchild reassures," But don't go easy on me because of that, okay~~!"

For reason, I start smiling as I watch Hinata still worrying. He's always been like that, hasn't he?

" Oh. Ahem. Now who shall we crus...block first, the short one of Tanaka-san~?" Tsukishima states loud enough to for the other team to hear as I cover my laugh," Oh, and I also really want to see when the King losses."

This gets me to frown as I start to look gloomy. The vision of Kageyama playing back in middle school returns. He's not alone anymore. I hope he sees that in Karasuno. Or else he'll be the same like back then. He has to find out what he can get from this team.

" Did you hear that just now~?? Saying such a thing," Tanaka starts acting all girly to make me raise an eyebrow while trying not to laugh again," Geez, that Tsukishima-kin. Honestly~"

My teeth bite my bottom lip to prevent the laughter as he turns behind him to face Tsukishima with a furious scary look.

" We'll pulverize ya!!!" Tanaka promises getting me to smirk.

The 3-on-3 match, begins!!