Public - Jungkook pt.1

It was a slow day again and I was tired of sitting around all day. The trips to the fridge and from the couch onto my bed were the only movement my body was getting. I was standing in front of our food supply, the light illuminating my face and the coldness making goosebumps appear on my skin. I sighed deeply and closed the door before leaning back onto the kitchen counter. Now there wasn't even any yummy food left.

I checked the list on my fridge to see who's turn it was to go grocery shopping and wasn't surprised that it was me. Honestly, I loathed running errands but the list was the only way of avoiding fights and so I just did it, like everyone else in this household.

This time I was even looking forward to getting out of the house for once so I went upstairs and put on some clothes in which I could actually go out in.

"I'll be back soon!" I hung my bag over my shoulder and started putting on my shoes.

"Where are you going?" I turned to see Jimin walking through the living room into the kitchen, a used cup in his hands. He put it down in the sink and opened the fridge, only to close it again after seeing that it was almost empty. "Grocery shopping?" He turned to face me and lifted one of his brows questioningly.

I nodded and watched him wash the cup in the sink.

"Oh, you're going shopping?" Jungkook who was lazily laying on the couch apparently woke up and heard our conversation.

"Yeah, the groceries are the most important but honestly I'm kinda sick of being in this house all day so I might also get some coffee."

Jungkook yawned and stretched out his arms. "Can I come too?"

"You want to come grocery shopping on your free day? Who is this and what have you done with Jungkook?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Well, yes. I'm also tired of staying in. Besides, I would've been laying on this couch for the rest of the day and you're supposed to get at least half an hour of fresh air a day."

"Okay then but get dressed quickly, I won't wait forever." I chuckled at his explanation and opened the door to exit the house.

Jungkook slid onto the passenger seat and I could smell a faint scent wave coming over – he must've worn freshly washed clothes.

"Let's go!" He excitedly clapped his hands and buckled his seatbelt before I started driving in the direction of the mall.

"Jungkook, please put it back!"

Every time he disappeared from my sight at the grocery store, I knew that he would come back with some type of snack in his hands.

"Can we get this? Pleeease?" He tried working his puppy eyes on me but I was ruthless and kind of proud of myself. "No. You've already picked three new snacks now; you know we're not supposed to buy other things besides our usual food. Namjoon's going to kill me when he sees that I was in charge of this week's groceries and the bill is abnormally high."

His lower lip moves forward to form a pout and he rounds the corner again, hopefully to put the snack back.

After some time he appears behind me, voice still whiny because he didn't stop complaining.

"Why can't we just buy more snacks? There isn't even much left-"

"Come on, you can help me by pushing the cart. What's the use of you leaving the house and coming along when you don't even help?"

"I was trying to spend time with you, you know. You just seem to care about those stupid groceries and not about me."

I stopped walking and turned towards the pouting man next to me. A smile tugged at my lips when I saw him leaning on the cart and pushing it carelessly.