Black Kefta?

Zoya, Genya, and Aethra decided to go to Zoya's room to get ready. Genya left for fifteen minutes to get Alina ready. Just after Genya left, Aethra got the red dress that Genya liked and laid it on the bed.

When Genya returned, she first stared at the dress and then at Aethra."You told me you had returned it!" she said accusingly

"I lied," Aethra said simply

"And you told me that you watched her return it!," Genya said turning to Zoya

Zoya shrugged "I lied too"

Genya looked at both of them incredulously.

"So is this for me?" she asked

"No, we're thinking of lending it to Baghra," Aethra said sarcastically

Zoya cracked up and Genya smiled too, before engulfing both of them into a hug.

"I love you two."

"Oh my! If you had told me six months ago that Genya Safin would say she loved me, then I would have laughed" she said dramatically

Aethra whacked her on the head. "You ruined the moment you idiot." 

If it had been anyone else, Zoya would have been extremely angry, but since it was Aethra, she just rolled her eyes and smiled.

An hour and a half later, all of them were dressed and their faces had been tailored to look the best. Genya's makeup was awesome and it looked natural. Their hair was done too, and they were ready. 

Genya needed to change Marie's face and then they all had to report to general Kirigan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly when they were leaving for Kirigan's room, David came by. The blush on Genya's face when he told her she looked beautiful made Zoya and Aethra smile. David wanted Aethra to go somewhere with him and he said it was an emergency, so she told the girls to let her know if there was anything important.

"Aethra," he started, after making sure they were alone "Do you know how to do the cut?"

Instantly alarmed, Aethra asked "How do you know?"

She had been planning to keep it a secret.

"Well, you're not very discreet. I saw the tree cut in half and there's no one except the Darkling who knows how to do hte cut here. You and Alina are the only ones apart from him who have the power required, and Alina is still learning the basics so...." he trailed off

"Don't tell anyone" she pleaded

"I won't but why don't you want everyone to know? You will use it if it's an emergency right?," he asked

"Yes, I will"

"And you have to tell the general about it too"

The 'Yes, I will' didn't come as easily as it did before. Only when David gave her a stern look did she answer-"Ok, but I just need a little time"

He smiled and nodded and left to go somewhere.

Aethra honestly didn't want to go to the meeting, so she waited in Zoya's room for all of them to come back and sure enough, Zoya, Fedyor, and Genya came in, dragging Ivan with them.

"Does everyone have their weapons and amplifiers?" Fedyor asked

Everyone (except Genya) nodded and so did Aethra, her hands going to the necklace on her neck.

"Good," he said

"From the way General kirigan was speaking, I think there's definitely going to be an attempt on the sun summoner's life," Ivan said

"I hope they find her and finish her off" Zoya mumbled

"Zoya!" Genya reprimanded

"If she gets killed then Kirigan will kill us too for not keeping her safe" Aethra reminded Zoya

Zoya sighed.

"If you're all ready, shall we go?"

 Fedyor asked

"Sure," Aethra said smiling and walking out first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys went first and the girls followed. The minute Zoya entered with Genya and Aethra behind her, heads turned. 

Nadia was already there. She scanned all of them before saying "You guys really dress to impress.Don't you? You especially impress men" she said looking at all the guys checking them out. Although her tone was friendly, one could detect the hidden jealousy.

 Genya raised her eyebrows at her sentence.

Aethra exchanged a look with Zoya before the latter answered-

"We don't dress to impress men-" Zoya started

"-We dress to irritate other women" Aethra completed

Nadia fake smiled "Oh..."

A little away from them, the darkling stood talking to one of his soldiers. Although he was talking there, his attention was on Aethra. He couldn't take his eyes off her, she looked so beautiful. He almost regretted giving the black kefta to Alina instead of Aethra. 

The girls were carrying their keftas in small purses that they had brought with them. How did they fit the keftas in there? David did something to them to make them easily foldable and compressible.

In Aethra's opinion, David was a genius.

All of a sudden, there was a lot of commotion behind them. Alina Starkov had entered and she was wearing a black kefta. She was wearing the color of the darkling.

GUYS, ATOMS WAS IN THE 218TH PLACE IN DARKLING STORIES AND NOW, ALL OF A SUDDEN IT'S GONE UP TO 28! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VOTING!

Thank you all for voting!♥