The Collar and the Coin

He ignored her and kept quiet.

Aethra didn't know what made her do it. Maybe it was because of Baghra telling her that Kirigan loved her back or maybe she just wanted to but the next minute, she had walked closer to him and kissed him on the lips.

She felt his body stiffen for a few seconds but he soon began to kiss back.

Aethra never liked being treated as though she were delicate like how a lot of other girls did. She didn't want to be treated like a soft princess.

Her general seemed to pick up on that too, because when he kissed her back, he kissed her hard and, when they pulled away, after a few minutes, both their lips were swollen.

He grabbed her waist and pulled her close, in a way that their bodies were pressed against each other and they were chest to chest.

"What made you do that?" he drawled, a smirk adorning his face

He seemed pleasantly surprised and his bad mood had completely gone away.

"I felt like it, so I did it" she replied

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YOU KISSED THE GENERAL?" Zoya and Genya screeched together

"Yes"

The door opened to reveal Fedyor. Aethra grinned widely and threw her arms around him

"You're here. Finally. It's been years since I talked to you" She said "The general has been sending you on too many assignments"

He smiled and turned to Genya and Zoya who hugged him too.

"Girls, you might wanna keep your voices low when you discuss such things. I could hear you from the grounds" he teased

Aethra turned red and hit him on the arm

"Don't exaggerate"

"Oh! look who's talking" He replied "Heard you've been romancing the general. Is it true?" he asked in a fake curious tone, sounding scarily like Nadia and Marie

(Before Marie was killed. After that Nadia got all serious and stuff)

She whacked him on the arm again, this time harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Training with Botkin was brutal.

She had skipped practice on purpose a few days before and as punishment, he made her fight with three people. At a time.

He wouldn't let her go until she was completely drained.

She went back to her room feeling sore and with bruises all over her arms, legs, and face.

Amelia glared at her while healing her and Genya laughed while getting rid of the scars as she listened to what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day, the general was absent from all the meals. Aethra spent the whole time sneaking glances towards the entrance waiting for him to come. When she realized he wasn't coming, she turned and started a conversation with David to distract herself.

"Hey David, do you like anyone?" she asked

Before going to the first army camp by the fold on Kirigan's orders, Genya had asked Aethra to subtly ask David and find out if she liked her back.

AHHHHHHH, THE THINGS SHE DID FOR FRIENDSHIP

"Umm, not really" he replied, busy tinkering with something as he ate