6

I fly into the air and turn to the others. "You might want to cover your eyes."

"Why?"

"Pitch can't hide if their are no shadows" I answer Bunny vaguely before closing my eyes and letting my powers push to the surface. My golden light becomes brighter and pulses for a moment before it bursts out of me and fills the air, removing and shadow in sight. When I find nothing I drop back to the ground and open my eyes. I giggle when I see Jack wearing sunglasses as he laughs to the others who were blinking rapidly to clear the green and black spots from their vision.

"He's gone" I tell them with a, amused smirk as I put my sword back into it's sheath before letting my light sink back into my centre. Jack and I leave the others to talk as we go over to comfort Tooth. "We're sorry about the fairies." Jack says as he crouches down and I follow his actions, My wings resting on the ground behind me.

"You should have seen them, they put up such a fight" The two baby teeth fly around us, looking proud and I smile at them. I hold my hand out and they sit in my palm. They shivered from the cold to I bring my light into my palm, the two sigh and snuggle together in the new warmth. Tooth gives me a thankful smile and I shrug it off. If it was the other way around she would have done the same for me.

"Why would Pitch take the teeth?"

"It's not the teeth he wanted. It's the memories inside them"

"What do you mean?"

"That's why we collect the teeth, Jack. They hold the most important memories of childhood" Tooth gets up and flies over to the wall that was painted with her story. Jack followed by freezing the surface of the water. I hovered behind them, careful not to knock them over with my wings "My fairies and I watch over them, and when someone need to remember what's important. We help them. We had everyone's here. Yours, too."

"My memories?" Jack stutters and I look at him questioningly. Jack had never told me about his past. I had always assumed it was because something had happened, something that he didn't want to share or bring up.

"From when you were young. Before you became Jack Frost."

"But I wasn't anyone before I was Jack Frost."

"Sure you were, frostbite. All of us were. Even Manny and I." I say as I step into the ice behind my son and fold away my wings. "Do you really not remember?"

"What?"

North laughs behind us and points to Bunny. "You should have seen Bunny."

"Hey, I told you never to mention that!" I roll my eyes at them before focusing back on Jack. I stroke the Baby Teeth's heads as I do, calming them to sleep. "That night at the pond, I just...I assumed...Are you saying I had a life before that? With a home and a family?" He looks to us both in a mix of shock and wonderment. "All these years, the answers were right here. If I find my memories then I'll know why I'm here. You have to show me!" Jack flies around in the air as he becomes more determined and excited at the prospect of his memories. I smile fondly at him.

"I can't, Jack. Pitch has them." Tooth tells him in a remorseful tone. "Then we have to get the back!" He says as he lands on a boulder nearby and points his staff at us. "And I promise we will my little snowflake, But we have to deal with Pitch first." I say as I fly over to him and hover in front of him with a comforting smile. "I know it's hard for you but can you be patient just this once." I say with a teasing smirk. He gives me a sheepish look in return knowing that patience was not a word in his dictionary.

Tooth gasps behind me. "Oh, no." I turn around to see a few of her feathers fluttering down to the ground. "The children. We're too late!" We all watch as the painting on the wall begins to crumble as well.

"No! No! No such thing as too late!" North yells before he paces pack and forth slightly his swords pointed in the air near his face as he thinks. "Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait! Idea!" He laughs and points his sword at a confused Bunny, The tip barely touching his twitching nose. "We will collect the teeth."

"What?"

"We get teeth, children keep believing in you!" North explains further to the now overwhelmed Tooth Fairy. "We're talking seven continents and million of kids!"

"Give me break. You know how many toys I deliver in one night?"

"Or eggs I hide in one day?"

She looks to me and shrug. "I'm more like you Tooth. I deal with children and adult every single day. Not just one day a year." Her smile turns to one of understanding, knowing what it was like to never have a day off.

"And Jack, if you help up, we will get you your memories." North turns to my son. Jack acts as if he was thinking over it but I could already tell he was up for it, not one to back down from something especially if it had the possibility of becoming friendly competition.

"I'm in" Tooth giggle excitedly at his words and I smile at the child like behaviour.