Chapter 5

After a day of being in the hospital they finally released him. Natasha looked up at the sky. "I forgot to tell Tony about you kid. Let's go surprise some people," Natasha said.

There was a mischievous glint in her eyes. Percy grinned. "So how do you want to play this."

Natasha shrugged. "I don't know kid. Do you have any ideas?"

"Well us being related is shocking enough."

"Your not good at planning are you."

Percy shrugged. "If it was life or death I am sure I would come up with something." Annabeth was the planner. He was a sea-weed brain, and she was a wise-girl.

Natasha stopped walking and turned to him. "We haven't really talked about why the mob of people attacked you."

Percy grimaced and decided to give her a half-truth. All the best lies stem from truth. "My dad has a lot of enemies and me being his son kind of puts a target on my back."

Natasha nodded. "If I ask who your father is..."

"I can't say. Even if I wanted to."

Natasha nodded. They walked up to a building shaped like a llama. Heads turned when they both walked in. The receptionist had her eyes trained on Natasha and Percy but they ignore the lady and walked to the elevator.

They ended up in the lobby. Tony looked like he was getting mad while holding a device in the air. Steve and Bruce were on the coach. "This is revolutionary and I will not have you making fun of the device."

Natasha looked amused. They looked up from the elevator confused,

"Who is the kid," Tony asked.

Steve's eyes widened, probably remembering earlier when Fury came in announcing Natasha had a son. "Is he?"

Natasha nodded. "This is Percy, my son."

"Your what?!"

Everyone in the room was silent as they stared at Percy. Percy shrugged. "Don't look at me. She did the deed and got pregnant with me. I am just the result."

Natasha looked over at Percy shaking her head. A look of disapproval. There was a hint of humor that she hid.

"I need a moment," Tony said.

Steve chuckled a little. "While he has a dramatic moment over there in the corner why don't I introduce myself. I am Steve Rodgers, otherwise know as Captain America."

Percy shook his outstretched hand. A little formal, but okay. "I am Percy Jackson. You are not my stepfather are you?"

Steve froze. Tony spit of the alcohol he had in his mouth. "No, Percy! No, Steve is just a friend," Natasha said.

Tony was laughing. Natasha looked a little affronted. "I don't know why you are laughing so hard. It could happen."

Steve raised an eyebrow. "Nat's right. It could happen."

Tony looked up like he missed something. Percy was wondering the same thing. He wished he could sneak in grab Annabeth to explain it to him. He should probably call her. Tell her what is going on. She might get worried.

"As I was saying it won't happen...". Percy caught the end of the statement and was relieved. He did not hear what else they had to say cause he got lost in his head. It was the ADHD playing tricks on him again. He kept on imagining Annabeth blonde...

"Percy!"

Percy turned around and saw his mom looking at him. "Sorry what?"

"You did not hear a word I just said did you," Natasha observed.

"ADHD."

Natasha nodded. "I remember reading that on your file."

Percy nodded. If Annabeth was there she would probably point out that his mom reading a file might not be a good thing, but she wasn't and that was a tragedy waiting to happen.

"Yeah," Percy said.   He looked a little sheepish.

"Awe he looks like a little Nat," Tony said, apparently regaining his composure.  

Nat looked over to Steve.   Steve gave her a pointed look.  "You can't kill him."  

"But Steve it would be so easy to...."

"Hey no killing!   Do you want to set a bad example for your kid?"   Tony looked around desperately.

"You didn't care when you were swearing in front of the kid with the ice-cream cone.   The mother was so horrified," Steve started.

"Alright we don't need the whole picture.  But no, we are getting off topic.  We are focusing on the kid.   Our future.   I realized my past mistakes...."

"You ready to see your new room," Natasha asked.   Looking at Percy who looked like he was trying to figure out what Tony was saying.  He was still doing a whole monologue.   Only now no one was paying attention.

Percy shrugged.   "Sure."

Natasha walked with him back to the elevator.  They went down a few levels and went into a setting similar.   It opened up to couches and the the kitchen set up on the far side.   "This is our own level."  Natasha pointed to the door closest to the hall.   "This is my room.  You can have any room you want except for mine.   All of them are similar.  We will have to get decorations for you later."

"So we are going to the mall?  Can I call my girlfriend?"

"Sure Percy," Natasha said.  "I got to go do stuff for work.  Why don't you settle in and relax and we can meet up again."

Percy nodded, and Natasha disappeared into the elevator again.  Leaving Percy alone, and sighing a breath of relief.  She was nice, but she kept on secretly glancing at him when he thought she wasn't looking.   He knew she just found him and wanted to solve the mystery around him, but it was still unnerving.  

Percy got the room furthest down the hallway just in case he started screaming in his sleep.   Didn't need to alert the neighborhood.

He picked out a coin in front of the mirror and water, and then the coin disappeared.   There in the screen showed a blonde with grey eyes tossing a dagger up and down dangerously.