Chapter 24

Percy was not sure what to expect when he was called to meet them at the convenience store.   Maybe a murderous blonde who feasted on the blood of children.   I mean that's what was normal with the monsters in his world.   He did not expect woman to be imitating his mom's crouch and calling her a. "Poser."  

Percy held back as he watched the show laughing.   He could tell Natasha was pissed off.  She wasn't going far in hiding her true feelings.   They talked and Percy tried to find the right opportunity to step in without interrupting them.

Percy was about to step forward to enter the store, but felt the brush of cool air against his back. Percy ducked out of the way as Kelly attacked him.

Natasha and Yelena looked at the scene with raised eyebrows. The mists made them see a cheerleader attacking a teenage boy. "I am not saying he deserves this, but I am saying that you never piss off a woman," Yeleana said. Her Russian accent prominent. She leaned back as she watched the show. "I should get some snacks," she muttered.

Natasha looked at the scene of her son fighting a cheerleader in disbelief. She knew this was not his girlfriend, so why was a girl attacking him. Percy did not seem like the type to play with a woman's heart. "Who is the girl," Natasha asked. She say back against the wall.

Yelena noticed Natasha was taking an interest and sidled beside her. "Really Natasha, I never knew you were such a gossip."

Natasha glared at Yelena. "She is not an actual person. She is a monster," Percy said. Of course, when saying that out of context the statement is taken out as wrong for dehumanizing a woman.

Yelena glared at Percy. Natasha looked up for patience. Of course Percy had explained enough to know that Percy was calling a girl a monster. Percy took out his trusty pen.

"What are you going to do with a pen? Write her an apology," Yelena said.

"Yelena leave the poor kid alone," Natasha said.

"What," Yelena said. She gestured over to the pen. "They say the pen is mightier than sword, but I don't think in this situation...". Percy clicked the pen open. It turned into a sword. "Holy..."

"Yelena," Natasha said.

"What is it now? You are like a mom. You keep on nagging and nagging," Yelena said.

"I am not nagging."   Natasha's voice had a whine towards the end of her voice.   Percy had never heard her sound so childish. 

Percy hit Kelly and golden dust landed everywhere.

"I know this boy," Yeleana said.   She was starting to recognize Percy.  

Natasha looked from Yeleana to Percy.  She was trying to figure out how to introduce them.  

Yeleana turned to Natasha and pointed a finger at Natasha.   "You know this boy."

Natasha looked at Percy and smirked.  "You can say that."

Yelena looked at Natasha and Percy.   "Natasha I didn't think you liked them so young."  

Natasha spluttered and Percy made a look of disgust.   Percy started fake retching.  

Natasha glared at Yelena and Percy.   "It's not like that," Natasha said.   She was staring at Yelena who was smiling innocently.   Yelena shrugged as if to say it was her business. 

Natasha then turned to her son who has being dramatic and still fake retching.   "If you don't stop I am grounding you."

Percy stopped and turned and let out a sniff.